Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dottie's TRUE BLUE CAFE

Last Chance Breakfast-co

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTP3ScWi7rc


I figured this will probably be my last opportunity to get back to Dottie's TRUE BLUE CAFE before the end of the year, so it was nice that the weekend rain had subsided for a bit and I didn't have to wait in line getting wet this morning. I sat at the table with the large portrait of Lena Horne on it again. The kitschy salt and pepper shaker of the day on my table: California Redwoods "Drive Thru Tree".



There was a little Sunday morning jazz playing on their stereo ~ someone was singing "I Left Mt Heart In San Francisco", but I didn't recognize the version or the female vocalist singing it. This song seemed very à propos for the morning (or any day that I live here). It may have been Julie London, and this entry I found on EweToob sounds close enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R50i9-Qy1z8

I went with one of their stalwarts off the specials board: Sweet Potato, Caramelized Red Onion & Gruyere Tart* ~ Eggs any style, Fresh fruit, & Biscuits. The sweet potato and red onion makes for a very good combination. They sometimes have different combinations, but this seems to be a pretty common one that they offer on their specials board fairly regularly. The biscuits (two of 'em) were fresh, warm, and home-made ~ and very good. It also comes with a side cup of fruit; today's seasonal fruit: blackberries, pineapple, blueberries, grapes, watermelon, and cantaloupe. I really shoulda gotten a side order of their excellent home fries, but that would have been way too much food for me to finish.



I went with a little Chipotle Tabasco® on the eggs (which I had ordered over-medium).

Once again, this truly was "the best breakfast for your buck in San Francisco". And now I am sufficiently gassed up for the rest of the day, Rickie Lee.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating: Tart~ 7.2


*(They used to call this dish a "Galette", but too many people kept asking what it was, so they now simply call it a "Tart". It is still exactly the same as they have always made it, though just less confusing to the touristas now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galette

Next thing they will be forced into calling the "Frittata" an "Italian Omelette Thingy" to appease all the fuzzy li'l ferners.)

No comments:

Post a Comment