Sunday, August 23, 2015

MyMy CoffeeCoffee ShopShop


"Life, within doors, has few pleasanter prospects than a neatly arranged and 
well-provisioned breakfast table." 
~ Big Nate Hawthorne 



(No official web-site thing.)


Place: MyMy CoffeeCoffee ShopShop
Location: 15001500 CaliforniaCalifornia StreetStreet (on the corner of LarkinLarkin StreetStreet)
Hours: open at 8:00am8:00am dailydaily; 
phonicular contact: (415) 800-7466
Meal: peasant lorraine flat omelette ~ bacon (which I of course skipped, Mr. Way), leeks, shallot, asparagus, Gruyère, Lorraine Swiss, topped w/ grilled tomatoes (which they have in the plural, but this really was just one slice/quarter-tomato), served with toast and hash brown [ sic ] (which they have in the singular, but I am pretty sure there were actually several hashbrowns); a glassa Fresh Squeezed Lemonade; and, for a breakfastary dessert afterward, a cuppa Contraband Coffee Black Market Blend and a dynamo donut (?)Lemon Buttermilk(?) doughnut 

http://www.contrabandcoffeebar.com/

http://dynamodonut.com/





(I am just continuing with the International Linda Ronstadt Weekend here. It is just too bad that I could not find a EweToobular video of Linda singing Noel Yang's classic "Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)", or, alternatively acoustically, "My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue)", as that would have been the perfect juxtaselection for this morning.)


I felt that it was highhigh timetime to gogo backback to MyMy CoffeeCoffee ShopShop (see lastlast 'blog'blog-entryentry from NovemberNovember 30th30th, 20142014) ~ mainly because I am running out of new places and ideas at which to breakfast. I probably shoulda sat outside this morning; it would have been comfortable enough with a sweatshirt on. There are now eight tables for two on the Larkin Street sidewalk side (or four tables for four, or two tables for four and four tables for two, or one table for four and three tables for two; well, you get the idea).

I really like the diversity of stuff that they have to offer on their menu. There are still several other good ideas that I have to try one of these days, such as: 

mambo italiano scramble (Italian sausage, oyster mushroom, basil, sun dried tomato, Roma tomato, Kalamata olive, smoked Mozzarella, tomato garlic relish; of course, I would have ottantasei-ed the maiale morto e decadimento stuff); 

tex-mex scramble (chorizo, garlic, roasted jalapeño, onion, Roma tomato, pepper Jack, chipotle aioli, pico de gallo, avocado, corn tortilla; I would have also ochenta y seis-ed the cerdo muerto y en en descomposición junk); 

chive pancake with crispy crumbled bacon & gorgonzola dolce (house made ricotta cheese pancake, served w/ two eggs sunny side up; once again, the crispy crumbled dead, decaying porky bits would have had to go); 

or

banana blueberry soufflé pancake (house made mascarpone cheese pancake w/ vanilla curd and candied walnut; of course, there would be no need to curtail any of my Walpoling activities for any dead, decaying porcine junk with this one). 

The first two choices are from their eggs & relatives section of the menu; the last two selections are from their sweet & savory griddle section of the menu. They also have a benediction section on the menu (with six different versions of Eggs Benedict) and a house favori 
[ sic ] section with six more choices (but really only one of which could be made suitable for stupid vegetarians).




Much like I expected, this simply turned out that 
"flat omelette" = "frittata". This had lots of asparagus (which is a very good thing in my book); and with two types of cheese(s), it was all nice and extra cheesy-gooey. I liked the slice (quarter) of grilled Roma tomato; it added a nice bit of flavour. 

The hashbrowns (or "hash brown" even) were (was) excellent and prepared exceptionally thin for maximum crispiocity. I was asked if I would like to substitute the hashbrowns (or "hash brown") for a side of fruit instead for an extra $2.00. Who would really pay an extra $2.00 for a side of "fruit"? Once again, even I can cut fruit and throw it in a bowl.

I went with sourdough as my toast choice. I liked that they actually grill the bread, too.

For some reason, they like to list all of their main dishes in minuscule, but the drinks are all listed in majuscule. go Figger! I was warned ahead of time by the waitress-server lady-person that they made their lemonade on the sweet side. It really was, too. I ended up taking the thick lemon slice garnish-thing and squeezed it into the glass; it helped some, but it was still a bit too sweet for my liking. I did like that the lemonade came with a bendy straw.

MyMy CoffeeCoffee ShopShop has the entire San Francisco Triumvirate of Hot Sauces (Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce [Original Red Sauce], Cholula® Hot Sauce [Original], and Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce) for use as condimentary supplements. I used some (well, a lot) of my own Fat Cat Strawberry Hot Sauce (Thanks, Cindy & Greg!) on the hashbrowns (or "hash brown") and just a skosh (no more than eight drops ~ which was about five drops too many) Blair's 
After Death sauce with Liquid Fire (Thanks a lot, Sean! [See, this is where a sarcasm-emoji would really come in handy.]) on top of the omelette-frittata-thing.

Contraband Coffeebar is a cool little neighborhoody coffeehouse (well, if your neighborhood happens to be Nob Hill, that is). They were playing Gillian Welch on the house stereo the entire time I was there. I had to ask if it was a CD or some kinda Pandora®-thing; the barista-lady (baristata? la donna barista?) pointed out that it was actually a Gillian Welch EweToobular 
play-list that they had going through the house stereo. I also like that they offer a choice of several different blends/roasts to be made as a single-cuppa drip-style Coffee. My choice this morning was a nice dark roast, which they list as "deep, dark, rich, & toasty, subdued brightness, faint berry, excellent for drip or Espresso". 

I am not quite sure which specific doughnut I had. I asked the barista-lady which kinds of doughnuts they offered today and she could only say the one I was pointing at was "some kinda citrus doughnut"; so I am going with Lemon Buttermilk doughnut, as it's the only one I could see on the dynamo donut web-site that may match it.

the Wild Parrots of San Francisco Interlude

Earlier in the morning, when I had first arrived, I saw a small pandemonium (of five) of the Wild Parrots heading westward (Ho!) along California Street. Later on, after breakfast and Coffee, I saw a larger pandemonium (of thirteen) of the chatter-heads heading a-southward.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating
peasant lorraine flat omelette ~ 6.8; 
Contraband Coffee Black Market Blend ~ 6.9; 
dynamo donut (?)Lemon Buttermilk(?) doughnut ~ 6.7; 
the Wild Parrots of San Francisco ~ 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment