Saturday, September 24, 2016

Dottie's True blue café




http://www.dottiestruebluesf.com/


Place: Dottie's True blue café
Location: 26 6th Street (on the corner of Stevenson Street)
Hours: open Thursday through Monday at 7:30am
Meal: Avocado, Tomato, Jalapeño, Corn, Scallion, & Feta Frittata - toast & potatoes; and a glassa grapefruit juice




(Just a coupla Concrete Blonde songs because Thursday was Johnette Napolitano's birthday. Plus, these are both pretty cool covers.)


While working my way through my Breakfastary Starting Rotation, I headed back to the Ace of the Staff: Dottie's True blue café (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, August 13th, 2016). I was the first idiot to arrive this morning (at about 7:05am) ~ it was so early that there were almost no street people milling around on 6th Street even (well, almost none).



Once again, I sat at the table with the Tiki guys salt-and-pepper shakers (which were on Table 22 still).


Otherwise, for some other ideas this morning I was also looking at either: Sweet Potato, Caramelized Red Onion, & Gruyere Tart - eggs any style & fruit; or Spinach Provolone Strata - served with Italian sausage (No grazie, Giuseppe!), roasted tomatoes, & fruit. Both of these were also off their weekend specials Blackboard.




I have had this (or a similar combination) frittata before and knew that I liked it a lot. But what's not to like? Avocado - good; corn - good; jalapeño - good; 
Feta - very, very good! I went with the buttermilk-dill for my choice of toast. Now, this was really a LOT of food again. 

Even though Dottie's True blue café has a very decent selection for condimentary supplementation, I used some of my own Pope's Whiskey River Full Flavor Hot Sauce (Thanks, Amy and Chef Joe!) on the potatoes and just a little Fan The Flames Sriracha Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom!) on the frittata.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating
Frittata ~ 6.8;
buttermilk-dill toast ~ 6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment