Sunday, April 21, 2019

Lincoln Park (Golf Course) Restaurant


"Cinderella story. 
Outta nowhere. 
A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Lincoln Park Golf Course Champion
It looks like a mirac... 
It's in the hole! 
It's in the hole! 
It's in the hole!"



https://sfrecpark.org/destination/lincoln-park/lincoln-park-golf-course/

http://www.lincolnparkgolfcourse.com/rates---info.html

(Neither of these web-sites really gives much information on the restaurant itself, though.)


Place: Lincoln Park (Golf Course) Restaurant

Location: 300 34th Avenue (at Clement Street); phonicular contact: (415) 221-9911

Hours: open for breakfast Saturdays & Sundays from 8:00am

Meal: (the simply-enough named) Omelette ~ this can be ordered with "any meat + 'veggies'" (where, of course, I skipped any of the the dead, decaying animal flesh choices and opted for the odiously-nomenclatured "veggies") with cheese (possibly Monterey Jack and/or Cheddar), served with homefries and toast; and, to drink, a 16 oz canna Local Brewing Co.® - Duboce IPA, 7.0% ABV

https://localbrewingco.com/




(Man, that Jesus-guy can really rock-it on an Easter Sunday!

The second video is only because both Steve Perry and Carl Spackler really enjoy them some good omelettes and Beers, too. I have no idea what gophers like to eat on Easter Sunday, though [You would need to check with Fred Grandy for that.].)


Last Sunday afternoon, I happened to walk past Lincoln Park (Golf Course) Restaurant 
and saw a new(-ish enough) sign on the outside of the restaurant/bar & grille/clubhouse building that stated that they now serve breakfasts on the weekend. Intrigued enough (as the place is only two short blocks away from my apartment building, anyway), I went inside and asked how long they had been open for breakfast and was informed that they had only been serving breakfast on Saturday and Sunday for about a month now. I figured I might as well give it a go on a morning where I did not feel like driving anywhere and wanted to eat at a place that opened before 9:00am in my neighborhood. Well, today was that morning.

Trust me, as this is a municipal/city-run golf course open to the general public, there is absolutely nuthin' fancy-pantsy about the club house restaurant. It really only has about five or six tables available (and I ended up being the only idiot to be eating there the entire time that I was there), with seating of four-to-six at each table. You order your food and drinks at the bar/cash register, pay for the meal, and then they bring it out to you when it is ready. Simples!

I do not know if they ever plan on expanding their menu if more people start going there, but there were a few other items of interest on the menu still:

Huevos Rancheros ~ eggs, peppers, onions, chilies, corn chips + queso fresco (I really wanted to order this dish, but I was informed by the guy that took my order ~ who also happened to be the guy that cooked my meal and brought it out to me ~ that they were currently outta corn tortillas, and that someone was out picking some up for later);

French Toast ~ w/ choice of meat (?!... What the h*ck kinda crazy-*ss French toast do golfers [or gophers] like to eat?);

Breakfast Burrito ~ potatoes, bacon (which can always be ochenta-y-seis-ed), eggs, Cheddar, jalapeños, salsa;

Breakfast Sandwich ~ eggs, Cheddar, bacon, sausage or ham (ditto the 86-ation)

or 

Eggs Benedict ~ either Blackstone or Florentine.

Additionally, for the not stupid vegetarian-types:

Joel's Special ~ peppers, onions, ground beef, eggs, homefries + toast

or

Loco Moco ~ beef patty, rice, eggs, gravy, green onions




This ended up being a lot bigger meal than I was expecting, and with a huge portion of homefries, too. And, surprisingly, it really was not a bad omelette at all for a municipal golf course bar & grille type-joint. ("... usually one must go to a bowling alley to meet a breakfast of your stature.") The "veggies" turned out to be just red and green bell peppers, mushrooms, and (white) onions; nothing really exciting there, but it all worked together nicely.

I did not ask for or look for any condimentary supplementation that Lincoln Park (Golf Course) Restaurant might have had to offer. (Does Titleist® make hot sauces?!) I just used some more of my own Old St. Augustine Snake Bite Datil Pepper Sauce (Thanks, Cindy & Greg!) on top of the omelette and some Dancing Dragon Cayenne Pepper Sauce (Thanks, Mom!) on the potatoes.




(not really such a) Strange Beer Interlude

(Hey, it was after Noon somewhere... [well... somewhere out in the Atlantic Ocean, at least].) I did not feel like seeing what they might have had to offer in the way of Coffee and was planning on just ordering some kinda fruit-juice product. However, staring at me in the glass-case refrigerator right behind the cash register was a number of Beer cans. I saw the label that simply said Local Brewing Co.® and figured "What the h*y!" There was even one Beer that was named "Lincoln Light Lager" (apparently brewed specially for Lincoln Park (Golf Course) Restaurant), but it was a "light Beer" and even at 8:00am in the morning, I would still not want to drink that kinda swill. The Beer I ended up choosing was a rather tasty India Pale Ale (West Coast IPA), Duboce IPA, made with five malts and four types of hops. The description on the can read: "On the Nose: Dank Pine Resin, Sage & Cranberry"... well, that sounded breakfast-drink enough for me. At 7.0% ABV (and on an empty stomach before the food arrived), it did kinda kick my b*tt that early in the morning ("follicles of the canine"... yeah, right!) Do not worry, as I stated above, it is only a short two-block walk over there, so I was not really afraid of getting a WWI/WUI ticket...


Here's wishin' everyone a Happy Easter in Tibetan: 
"Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga!
So we got that goin' for us, which is nice...


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
"Veggie" Omelette ~ 6.5;
Local Brewing Co.® - Duboce IPA ~ 6.8 
(I really wanted to rate this as a 7.0 on the Glen Bacon Scale to match its actual ABV %; it was a very good Tipple Taste Test; however, just not quite that good)

No comments:

Post a Comment