Sunday, April 12, 2015

Ella’s


"The one with the potato scramble with grilled asparagus, roasted Brussels sprouts, carrots, and Havarti cheese (and eggs added)."



http://www.ellassanfrancisco.com/


Place: Ella's Neo Classical American Cooking
Location: 500 Presidio Avenue (on the corner of California Street)
Hours: open for breakfast Monday through Friday at 7:00am; open for "Brunch" Saturday and Sunday at 8:30am
Meal: potato scramble ~ with grilled asparagus, roasted Brussel[sic] sprouts, carrots, and Havarti cheese, and eggs added; and a glass of ginger orange juice punch




(The reason for today's EweToobular juxtaselection is because Ms. Fitzgerald was originally from Brussels, of course.)


Back to my Breakfastary Starting Rotation and back to Ella's Neo Classical American Cooking (see last 'blog-entry from January 10th, 2015). 

There were a few other interesting choices from which to choose (of course, those choices that remain un-chosen are always the most disappointing) on this weekend's "Brunch" menu. coconut pancakes with a pineapple compote ~ Maple Grove Farms-premium maple syrup, Vermont. I could easily have gotten that one this morning. open faced omelette with grilled eggplant, roasted red peppers, minced garlic, and Muenster cheese. Also, another one with a lot of ingredients that I like. Or, lastly, folded omelette with bacon, grilled onions, avocados, sun dried tomato, and goat cheese, which I would have ordered sans les morts chair de porc en décomposition, naturellement.




I knew right away that I was going to love this one when I saw that it included two of my favourite fruits: asparagus AND Brussels (which is the correct spelling, of course, Monsieur Van Damme) sprouts. I was very happy to see that it included a ton (well, maybe that is a bit of an aggrandisement, but at least 907 kilogrammes) of asparagus; there were probably four to five spears throughout the mess. Along with the carrots and lots of melted Havarti, this made for a great combination.

Once again I went with the house baked honey oat raisin bread for my toast choice.

For condimentary supplements, Ella's has just the Original Red and Green Jalapeño Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce to offer. I just used some of my own The Wiltshire Chilli Farm smoked Chipotle chilli sauce generously all over the heaping pile (Thanks once again, Greg & Cindy!). I have always felt that chipotle and potatoes go great together, but I discovered that it goes nicely with les choux de Bruxelles, aussi. I also used some of their house made strawberry jam on the house baked bread/toast.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating: potato scramble ~ 7.3

No comments:

Post a Comment