Sunday, May 8, 2016

Chloe♥s Cafe


"I'll have the 'Back-up Plan City' Scramble, please!"



(No official-type web-site thing.)


Place: Chloes Cafe
Location: 1399 Church Street (on the corner of 26th Street); phonicular contact: (415) 648-4116
Hours: open 8:00am every day of the week
Meal: Special Scramble ~ two scrambled eggs (hence the "Scramble" part of the name) w/fresh spinach, tomato, red onion, carrot, cilantro (all of these other ingredients must make up the "Special" part of the meal's name), and a choice of cheese (Jarlsberg, Cheddar, Feta, or cream cheese [??? Really? Who in their right mind would order cream cheese in a scramble when they offer several other better cheese choices?]), served w/ a cup of fruit or home fries and toast; and a large (well, 10 oz) glassa grapefruit juice





(Accordion to some people [and I really have to apologize now for that horrible pun], today is Mother's Day. However, it is also my niece Shannon's Birthday. [Happy 28th Birthday, Sheesha!] She was actually born on a Sunday and on Mother's Day back then.

You are probably figuring, "Okay, the first EweToobular video makes perfect sense..." 
[Bonus: Shannon's mother (my sister) is named "Sharon".] "... but why the second video, Brian?" Well, Shannon's middle name happens to be "Earle". What can I say, her parents were strange.)


I was completely planning on having breakfast again this morning at Boogaloos (see last 'blog-entry from February 8th, 2015) for a long overdue visit. However, when I arrived there, the place was all closed-up. This seems to be a temporary closure due to a fire and they are supposed to open again soon. (There were no signs in any of the windows as to exactly when that might be, though. And is it really too much to ask to update this kinda important information on your web-site?) Luckily, unlike my minor heart attack during my last visit there (where I had mistakenly parked across the street two blocks down and thought they had closed then), I had a few back-up destinations in my back pocket (which did make it a little uncomfortable driving over there with my skinny ol' white-boy butt). I was planning on either checking out Craftsman and Wolves (their location in the Mission on Valencia Street) or just going back to Chloes Cafe (see 'blog-entry from June 7th, 2015), where I was also overdue for a return visit, anyway. As it was still a little before 8:00am, I figured that I had plenty of time to get over to Chloes Cafe before they opened up and the crowds started to arrive. And, successfully, I got over there and found a close enough parking spot where I was still the fourth person (couple/group) to be seated after they had opened.

I sat inside this morning, but because I was seated right next to the door, every time someone would open it up (this must have happened twenty times while I was there), I would get a quick blast of cold air down my neck. I would have been better to just sit outside (which I had though about at first) and kept my coat on. 




The waitress/serverlady-person forgot to ask me which kind of cheese I wanted and the scramble mess came out with Jarlsberg[1]. Given the choice, I would have ordered this with Feta again. ("Feta and spinach two days in a row, Brian?" Trust me, I would order both every day of the week if I could. You can neva get enough Feta!) This was all good and fine with me, as I am a big (Norwegian) Jarlsberg(er, perhaps) fan from way back, Mr. Cleese. All of the "Special" ingredients worked well together. The carrots were finely julienned and there was just a hint of cilantro in the mess. 

And, naturally, Mr. Who, I went with the homefries as my side choice. 

For my toast choice, I went with their great Rosemary-Potato bread once again. They also offer a really good Whole Wheat Walnut bread that I have had several times before, but the Rosemary-Potato is the best, Jerry!

Chloes Cafe only has Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce on the tables for condimentary supplements. Once again, I just used some of my own Fat Cat Chairman Meow's Revenge (Scorpion Pepper Sauce) (Thanks, Cindy & Greg!) on the potatoes. And unlike yesterday morning's mishap, I made sure to keep an eye on just how much I poured onto them this morning. 


Glen Bacon Scale Rating: 'Back-up Plan City' Scramble ~ 6.5 (this would have been easily 6.6 or 6.7 if I had my choice of Feta)

___________________

1. Thankfully, it was not made with any of that silly cream cheese junk in it ~ let's face it, that should only be used in cheesecake or on top of a bagel, and, even then, I like hummus better on a bagel than cream cheese. (I am pretty sure hummus in a cheesecake would be wrong, though... Hmmm?! Maybe in a Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic Cheesecake.)

No comments:

Post a Comment