Sunday, September 15, 2019

Dottie's True blue café


I hope that I never become superstitious. Knock on wood.



http://dottiestruebluesf.com/


Place: Dottie's True blue café

Location: 28 6th Street 
(on the corner of Stevenson Street)

Hours: open 7:30am (well, still not quite; at least they opened up earlier this morning than they did yesterday... if only five minutes earlier) Thursday through Tuesday

Meal: Three Egg Omelet - Feta, Kalamata Olives, & Spinach ~ with home fries and toast (where I went with their own fresh-baked buttermilk dill bread); and a glassa orange juice to drink


I figured I would just make it into a Breakfastary Starting Rotation Double-Header and simply headed right on back to Dottie's True blue café (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, September 14th, 2019) this morning.

Once again, I sat at "Seat #1" at the dining-counter overlooking their kitchen area. There was a guy from München[1] sitting at the next stool over from me and we got to talking about Deutschland (von München nach Berlin), Biere, and Frühstück in general.[2] 




There was nothing really special about this omelette; it was just a good omelette with the ingredients of my choosing. I did like that it was made with lots of Feta and even more-so spinach, both of which I like in abundance (just not in any Chocolate desserts, Sharon). As always, their homefries were exemplary and also overloading my plate.

Dottie's True blue café condimentary supplements did not change any since yesterday's visit. I used some of my own (just a few dashes... and dots, Samuel) 
Old St. Augustine Datil Pepper Sauce (Thanks, 
Greg & Cindy!) on top of the omelette, some (a little more; about your standard ketchup-portion) 
H*ll's Kitchen Chipotle Chocolate Hot Sauce 
(Thanks, Mom!) all over the potatoes, and The Spice 
& Tea Exchange® Earthly Delight Spice Blend (Thanks, Cindy!) (several grinds-worth) all over everything.

(not really such a) Strange Coffee Interlude

I purposely skipped any Coffee at breakfast this morning as I was planning on utilising one of the newest Coffees in my arsenal (well, in my refrigerator), TLC Coffee Roasters - John Wayne (Thanks, Cindy & Greg!). When I got home, I prepared me a single cuppa via the pour-over drip-method. I must say that it was not a bad cuppa at all, Pilgrim! I even enjoyed it outta my "retro" (from their original Jones Street location) Dottie's True blue café mug, too. 

https://www.tlccoffeeroasters.com/product-page/john-wayne


the Wild Parrots of San Francisco Interlude

After breakfast, while heading to catch my bus back home, I heard several Wild Parrots in the Union Square area. However, I only saw a solitary pair ("a solitary pair"?) flying overhead at the corner of Powell and O'Farrell Streets (they were probably waiting to hop on one of them "Fr'isco Trolley Cars" that I have heard so much about).


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Three Egg Omelet ~ 6.5;
TLC Coffee Roasters - John Wayne ~ 7.2;
the Wild Parrots of San Francisco ~ 8.5

___________________

1. And, no, contrary to popular belief, people from München are not called "Munchkins", Dorothy.

2. I am sure that I impressed die H*lle outta him with both of the useless German phrases that I could remember:

"Ich glaube ihre Ente hat die Tollwut."
and
"Brennt meine Nase?"

(If you would like a stupid, useless cunning linguist translation of either of those phrases. You can blame... er... ask one Lowell Skelton. He was the genius that taught both of them to me over thirty-five years ago in some verd*mmte Kneipe off the Kurfürstendamm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment