Saturday, September 14, 2019

Dottie's True blue café


How come no one ever complains about Saturday the 14th being unlucky?



http://dottiestruebluesf.com/


Place: Dottie's True blue café

Location: 28 6th Street 
(on the corner of Stevenson Street)

Hours: open 7:30am (welllll... they actually opened a bit later this morning for some reason and did not unchain the front gate doors until about 7:45am) Thursday through Tuesday

Meal: Mushroom, Goat Cheese, Roasted Tomato Tart, cooked in Champagne, eggs any style (where I went with "over-medium" style) + fruit; and a cuppa (and one-and-a-half refillas) Coffee (whatever the house roast/blend might have been)





(In spite of what you may think, Bessie and Lavay are not related in any way.)


As we (sadly) near the end of the Regular Baseball Season (Okay, there are those faithless pundits that say that the Boston RED SOX season was over back in late August, but I say it ain't over until Adele buys her ticket to Logan Airport and sings at the Way of the Fens!), I figured it only fitting to make one last run-through of my Breakfastary Starting Rotation. And what better way to start than returning to Dottie's True blue café (see last 'blog-entry from Sunday, May 5th, 2019)?!

I happened to be the first idiot waiting in line around 7:10am, and ended up being the only one standing there until another ten minutes or so. After that, the line started forming a bit more quickly. Even so, they did not fill up immediately (even after having opened up fifteen minutes late) and everyone in the first wave got seated.

I had nothing really in mind to order this morning. I was just planning on ordering something from their specials blackboard menu if there was a decent st*pid vegetarian option. Otherwise, I was gonna create an omelette of my choosing from their list of good omelette filling choices off their standard printed menu. I was very surprised to see that there were no Zucchini Cakes on this morning's/weekend's specials blackboard menu. It has been a staple on the specials blackboard menu for so long now, I just assumed that they would someday be adding it to their everyday printed menu... someday.




"Oh, my!
(to be read in your best George Takei voice)

As soon as I saw the tart special that was being offered for this morning/weekend, I knew exactly what I was going to order. This was a brand-new item (confirmed by one of the friendly waitresses/server-ladies) to be offered. At first look, I did not think it was going to be a sufficient amount of food (even for my meager breakfastary appetite), but it was rather deceptive and proved to be very filling after all. I initially thought about asking to substitute some of their excellent homefries for the small bowl of fruit-stuff; luckily, I did not, as that would probably have "exceeded the limit" for me. Now, this dish may not equal their most awesome and original Zucchini Cakes, but it is definitely return-worthy all on its ownsome. However, this one was definitely not for the fungi-faint of heart as it was truly chock-fulla sliced mushrooms

Today's side o' fruits: watermelon, green grapes, blueberries, strawberries, and cantaloupe.

As for condimentary supplementation, Dottie's True blue café has their "the usual suspects". I used some of my own Pepper Palace Gator Bite Hot Sauce (Thanks, Greg & Cindy!) on both of the eggs and several grinds of The Spice & Tea Exchange® Pirate's Bite (Thanks, Cindy!) on the eggs and tart-thing.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Mushroom, Goat Cheese, Roasted Tomato Tart ~ 7.3

No comments:

Post a Comment