Sunday, September 29, 2019

Ella's American Kitchen


"The one with the Avocado Omelet."



https://www.ellassanfrancisco.com/


Place: Ella's American Kitchen

Location: 500 Presidio Avenue 
(on the corner of California Street)

Hours: open for "Brunch" Saturday & Sunday at 7:00am (supposably)

Meal: Avocado Omelet ~ avocado, Cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, country potatoes, toast (today, I went with sourdough-rye for a change); and 
a glassa Ginger Orange Juice Punch to drink



(Lady Ella and ol' Satchel-mouth hisself?! What could be better on a pastoral autumnal Sunday morn?)


So, I went back to Ella's American Kitchen (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, September 28th, 2019 ~ basically, yesterday) for breakfast (well, "Brunch", whatever) again this morning.




While avocado and Cheddar is a decent enough combination, I think that Monterey Jack[1] or queso fresco woulda been a mucho bettero estilo mexicano match-up. Thankfully, unlike yesterday's omelette, this one was more of a "right propa" omelette, Mr. Wensleydale, with the avocado (thickly) sliced up inside; plus, it had lots and lots of avocado in it ~ there musta been an entire avocado berry in it.

Same as yesterday... as for any condimentary supplementation, Ella's American Kitchen has both Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce) and Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce on the tables. This morning, I used some of my own 
H*ll's Kitchen Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom!) on top of the omelette (I only used about seven to eight drops of this, but even that ended up being about four to five drops too many... oooops!) and some Dat'l Do-it® Scorching Habanero Hot Sauce (Also, thanks, Mom!) on the potatoes (now this hot sauce was not nearly as hot as the first one and I did go a little [well, a lot] heavier-handed with it). Additionally, all over both the omelette and potatoes I used several grinds from my The Spice & Tea Exchange®
Italian Street Fair Spice Blend (Thanks, Cindy!).

Sadly, all good things must come to an end. After about twenty years of being in my Breakfastary Starting Rotation, I think that this will probably be my last visit to Ella's American Kitchen as a member of that elite group. (I mean, even that Tim Bradley guy has to retire someday from those New Englander Patriotic Guys.) Since they changed ownership (about two years ago now?), the menu has just become much less eclectic for my tastes (and I like tasting eclecticity). Plus, they no longer do all their own baking of breads and pastries; this is a big MINUS in my book (or even in my 'blog-thing). I am sure that I will still get back there at least once a year, though. Come next year, I will probably be replacing it with another restaurant (and I am thinking that I am probably gonna call-up Home Plate).


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Avocado Omelet ~ 6.6

___________________

1. https://www.cheese.com/monterey-jack/

As for that Cheddar stuff: 
"Well, I'm afraid we don't get much call for it around these parts." 

No comments:

Post a Comment