Sunday, April 18, 2010

Nibs Bakery & Cafe (redux)

Scones, Coffee, and Bobby Darin (but still no Clam Chowdah)


Laundry day again and I found myself back at Nibs Bakery & Cafe (see April 4th post). I had already had breakfast earlier, so I just got a coupla scones ~ one for now and one for later ~ and a cuppa coffee.

I went with the Apricot Brandy (again) and a Jalapeño-Cheddar. The Apricot Brandy was great (again) ~ chock full o' apricots. The Jalapeño-Cheddar looks good, too, with lots of jalapeños viewable.

For the coffee, this time I chose the "Heart of Darkness" coffee from Due Torri (which translated means "Two Towers" ~ maybe the coffee roastery is owned and operated by Hakeem Olajuwon and Ralph Sampson?). It was strong and good.

While doing my laundry, I was listening to some Bobby Darin on my iPod. (Thanks Greg & Cindy!)


Glen Bacon Scale Rating: Scones ~ 7.0; Coffee ~ 6.6; Bobby Darin ~ 6.3

4 comments:

  1. As long as the 'Heart of Darkness' coffee doesn't leave you saying 'The horror... the horror...'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I shoulda paid that bill to the errand boy when I had the chance.. damn grocery clerks always had it in for me!

    I never understood why that movie was called "Acropolis Now". It looks nothing like the downtown Athens I remember, and the Parthenon is completely unrecognizable, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! So you really do read this 'blog... or maybe you just scan it for references to you guys.

    ReplyDelete