Saturday, June 12, 2010

Nob Hill Grille


Nob Hill Grille
(which I think they missed the perfectly hokey opportunity and should have named the place Nob Hille Grille) is an upscale, local neighborhood hang-out in (where else?) Nob Hill. A lot of the customers that were there for breakfast seemed to be on a first name basis with the staff. It is right across the street from Saint Francis Memorial Hospital.


http://www.nobhillgrille.com/

I sat at the counter and there was this pretty cool wall mural of San Francisco right in front of me:


I had the Build Your Own Omelette ~ Jalapeño (fresh, not pickled), Onion (white, but red would have been better), and Goat cheese; choice of toast: I went with tortillas instead of my normal sourdough choice. (Luckily it was the "Build Your Own", not "Cook Your Own" Omelette, as whenever I attempt to make an omelette, it just ends up being scrambled eggs with stuff in it.) The fresh jalapeño made all the difference; I probably should have picked another additive other than onion ~ avocado might have been better ~ but the Goat cheese worked nicely in this combination. Only one minor complaint, the home fries that come with the omelette were a little over-salted for my taste; but otherwise they were very good, not greasy at all.



Their house coffee is pretty good. They serve Capricorn Coffees, a local San Francisco roastery since 1963.

http://www.capricorncoffees.com/

I had only eaten here once before (and, coincidentally, it was almost exactly a year ago). I had their French toast then. I seem to remember it was pretty darn tasty, too; but I felt like an omelette this morning (and I didn’t want to appear unfaithful to Baker Street Bistro).

For spicy condiments they just offer two types of Tabasco® ~ Regular and Chipotle (sorry, Sean, I hadn't opened your birthday present yet and didn't know that I had a brand new hot sauce to try ~ Sylvia's Restaurant® "Kickin' Hot" Hot Sauce, Harlem, New York ~ but am looking forward to trying it). They do have a homemade "chipotle aioli" that they serve with their sweet potato fries (I think I got those as a side dish last year with the French toast) which I could have asked for, I suppose.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating: Breakfast ~ 6.5; Coffee ~ 6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment