Saturday, September 3, 2011

Eats

Very nice choice, Chauncey!



(I checked again and there is still no website available, but they said they are working on one.)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWOyfLBYtuU

(This song is à propos of nuthin' other than I like it and it happened to be playing on the house stereo while I was eating. I like Florence + the Machine, they/she remind/s me of a latter day Kate Bush.)


I had breakfast at Eats again (see last blog'-entry from July 17th, 2011). Simple name, good food. One of these days I really need to try one of their Make Your Own Mimosa specials, made with fresh squeezed juices; the Granny Smith Apple one sounds really good.



Last time I went to Eats, I meant to try the Caprese Scramble, but was sidetracked by another breakfast that caught my eye. It happened again today; so, next time I go I will have to try to remember to get the Caprese Scramble. Instead, I got the Gardener's Tofu Scramble (vegan) ~ chickpeas, corn, asparagus, basil, parsley, spring onions, tomato salsa. This comes with their most Excellent! Roasted Home Potatoes and choice of toast (I chose multi-grain again for the best roasted garlic absorption). I also ordered from the Fresh Juice Bar a large glass of Detox ~ Carrot, Apple, Beet, Ginger.



I don't usually order Vegan dishes ~ I mean, what kinda idiot would voluntarily give up pizza and ice cream? ~ but this turned out to be a pretty good choice, Mr. Kosinski. It had lots of garbanzo beans/chickpeas*, asparagus, peas, and corn in it. This dish actually resembled scrambled eggs as they add curry (or at least turmeric and cumin) to the tofu to colour it yellowish. The Detox was a disgusting colour, but tasted very good. As always (and what keeps me back a'comin') the Excellent! Roasted Home Potatoes had lots of garlic cloves in it (I could smell the garlic as soon as I walked in the door).

Eats has as condimentary supplementation Tabasco® (standard red), Cholula®, and Tapatío®. I knew this ahead of time and used some of my own BIG PAPI EN FUEGO HOT SAUCE ~ Original Mild on the scramble and Monster Double Medium Hot on the potatoes (Thanks, Kerry!).

This breakfast was just the thing to get you through the dog days of Summer ~ or, in the case of San Francisco, to get you finally into the dog days of Summer, love.

"I like to watch…" people enjoying a good meal.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating: Gardener's Tofu Scramble ~ 6.8; Detox ~ 6.8; Excellent! Roasted Home Potatoes ~ 7.5


*(You say "chickpeas" , I say "garbanzo beans"…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbanzo

Whatever you call 'em, they are a mighty tasty legume.)

No comments:

Post a Comment