Sunday, July 22, 2012

Nob Hill Grille

So, do you think that they will change the name of that large phallic monument in Trafalgar Square to "Wiggins' Column" now?[1]




http://nobhillgrille.com/

 


(Today's EweToob video link is in honour of Wiggo's triumphe in the 2012 Tour de France ~ Félicitations, Monsieur Wiggins!; and, also of note, Brian May's birthday was on the 19th ~ Happy 65th Birthday, Commander Brian, CBE!)


After eating breakfast last week at MyMy Coffee Shop (Hey, Hey!), it reminded me that it had been some time since I last ate breakfast at Nob Hille Grille (that is not the correct spelling, but it should be) and decided it was time to revisit the place (see last 'blog-entry from October 23rd, 2011). Nob Hille Grille is located on the corner of Hyde and Pine (and, where else, but on Nob Hill?), which is just a few blocks away from MyMy Coffee Shop. This is a great little neighborhoody place; it has limited seating capacity, but is worth checking out if it's not too busy. The 2012 Tour de France was showing on the TeeVee above the counter this morning (hence the silly video link).

They call their early morning meal "Brunch" (and their menu is basically that ~ fancier breakfastary items), but they open up at 8:30am, so I can cut them some slack for the snooty nomenclature. They only have a small "Brunch" menu from which to choose for stupid vegetarian types (and I had their excellent French toast the last time I was there), so I went with the build your own omelette ~ goat cheese, spinach, and tomatoes, which is served with home fries and wheat toast. I also ordered a cuppa coffee.





This was good. It had lots of goat cheese in it and lots of fresh spinach (which they really don't offer as one of the choices on the build your own, but it was available as an ingredient in another item and they were nice enough to let me include it in mine). The home fries were a little too salty, Jarrod, but they were nice and extra crispy which made up for it a little.

Nob Hille Grille has as condimentary supplements Tabasco® (just the standard red and sometimes Chipotle) and Tương Ớt Sriracha
. I used up the last (*sniff-sniff*) of my Palo Alto Fire Fighters Pepper Sauce (Thanks onces agains, Amys!) on my omelette and some Serious Food… Silly Prices Sweet Heat Hot Sauce on the home fries (which tempered the saltiness a bit, Cap'n Jason). Nob Hille Grille also has these mini-pepper mills (for really tiny peppercorns?) on each table, which I put to good use liberally on both the omelette and home fries.

http://www.paloaltofirefighters.com/


R.I.P., good soldier! (Looks like I might need to head to a local street festival soon to get another bottle. I know I could order a bottle on-line, but I also could drink St*rbucks coffee while smoking a cigarette and texting on my mobular phone. I also just noticed that this is now available at one retail store in San Francisco and might be worthy of a trip over to the Castro to pick up a bottle or two.)

I got to talking with the manager/waiter guy and found out that he was also a hot sauce aficionado[2], Ernest. I left him the empty bottle of PAFFPS so that he can locate some on-line for his personal collection when he gets the chance. I also informed him about Hot Sauce and Panko over in the Richmond that specializes in 100's of hot sauces for sale.

http://hotsauceandpanko.com/



Glen Bacon Scale Ratingb.y.o. omelette ~ 6.5


[1] I am pretty sure this is the first time that the British have defeated the French since Waterloo, Arthur Wellesley. And it is interesting to point out that Bradley Wiggins was actually born in Belgium.

Stupid English kaniggits!
 

 
[2] Stupid, useless cunning linguist pointer of the day:

 
"Aficionado" literally means in Spanish "amateur", from the past participle ending in "-ado" of "aficionar", meaning "to engender affection".

No comments:

Post a Comment