Saturday, November 10, 2012

Q Restaurant and Wine Bar

I would kill for a Nobel Prize.




http://www.qrestaurant.com/



(This EweToob video is in reference to all of this weekend's Military holidays. While it really is more of an anti-war song, I am using it anyway; let's just see you try and find a good song about World War I. Today happens to be the 237th Birthday of the U.S. Marine Corps ~ Semper Fi and Oo-RAH! Tomorrow is Remembrance Day in the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth of Nations ~ celebrated with a moment of silence on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month. And Monday is Veterans Day in the United States.)


While still working my way through my Breakfastary Rotation, once again I had breakfast at Q Restaurant and Wine Bar (see last 'blog-entry from August 19th, 2012), which is quite a mouthful so I am shortening it to just Q Restaurant from here on. There is some construction going on outside to the façade[1] of the building, but they are open for business all the same. As can be seen from the above sign on their door, they are also (your 2012 World Champion) San Francisco Giants fans.




I sat at the Wooly Willy table again; however, there was still no magnet around to play with it. One of these days I need to remember to bring a strong magnet of my own to use.

Q Restaurant has a pretty varied "Brunch" (their term, not mine) menu; plus, they offer several "Brunch Specials" that change every weekend. I thought about getting the Black Bean Corn Cake Benedict (off the weekend specials menu), but I think I have had that before (and it was good) and wanted to try something different for a change. I ended up getting the Bowl-O-Spuds-N-Eggs, with White Cheddar, Salsa, and Sour Cream; however, I substituted their homemade Tater Tots for the standard Home Fries. I also had a large glass of orange juice.




I had this with two eggs over medium. "Nice Tots!" (which is their actual slogan, not my poor spelling and chauvinistic comment on my female servers… but now that I think about it…); which are homemade and kind of their signature side dish. A huge pile of crispy potato products with lots of melted cheese… what's not to like? They make a good pico de gallo salsa, too.

I knew from past visits that Q Restaurant offers
several different bottled hot sauces for condimentary supplementation, but I just used some of my own Serious Food… Silly Prices Mango Hot Sauce mostly on top of the heap, and I also used just two to three drops of Blair's After Death® Sauce with Liquid Fire on a portion of the mess. I also used a little of their dry spice mix which they have in shaker jars on all of the tables.

With the check today came one Tootsie Roll® (the standard cocoa) and one Frooties® (fruit punch).


Glen Bacon Scale Rating: Bowl-O-Spuds ~ 6.3


1. Stupid, useless cunning linguist pointer du jour/del giorno:

"Façade" comes from French, which comes from Upper Italian "faciada" and Italian "facciata", equivalent to "facci(a)" (meaning "face") plus "-ata" ("-ade").

No comments:

Post a Comment