Sunday, December 9, 2012

Chloe♥s Cafe


Imagine there's no breakfast…



(No official web-site.)

1399 Church Street (at 26th Street)

phonicular contact: (415) 648-4116





(I couldn't think of any good Hanukkah songs, so I figured this was the next best thing.)


I went back to Chloe
s Cafe (see last 'blog-entry from February 26th, 2012) for breakfast this morning. They have a tiny street corner location in an old Victorian in Noe Valley. There is inside seating for 20 people at nine tables and additional outside/sidewalk seating for about 16-18 people at six tables (with plenty of space for your canine friends). I used to go to this place much more often as it was in my Breakfastary Rotation, but I had to DFA it a while back for some closer restaurants. Don't get me wrong, the food is still great there, I just hate to drive all the way over there to eat.

I would normally order off their weekend Specials Board; they usually have a seasonally-fresh ingredient scrambled egg dish, pancakes, and French toast of some sort. However, this weekend's special scramble included "the vile weed". I probably could have ordered it sans la mauvaise herbe vile but that would have just been a roasted red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and cheese (Jarlsberg, Cheddar, or Feta) scramble. So I ordered off the regular menu (something I probably have only done a handful of times in the past twenty years or so). I got the Red potato, Cheddar cheese, and onion scramble; with homefries and white rosemary toast (because they don't offer potato bread toast). I also had a large glass of cranberry juice.





This was really simple enough, but it all worked well. How can you go wrong with potatoes and Cheddar cheese as the main ingredients? Plus, the onions were the red variety and sautéed. I suppose I could have gotten a side of fruit instead of the additional potatoes, but why would I want to do that? They have a pretty decent selection of toast from which to choose: white rosemary (which happens to be my favourite and I usually get this one), whole wheat walnut, sourdough, English muffin, or bagel.

Chloe
s has as condimentary supplements just Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (the standard red) and Tapatío®. I came well prepared and used some of my own Youk's Hot Sauce (Thanks, Brian!) on the homefries and some Serious Food… Silly Prices Mango Hot Sauce (Thanks, Cindy!) on the scrambled mess.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating: Red Potato, Cheddar, & Onion Scramble ~ 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment