Sunday, July 6, 2014

Dottie’s True blue café


"I was the victim of a series of accidents, as are we all." ~ Malachi Constant, in The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut



http://dotties.biz/


Place: Dottie's True blue café 
Location: 28th Sixth Street (on the corner of Stevenson Street; halfway between Market and Mission Streets)
Hours: open for breakfast Thursday through Monday at 7:30am
Meal: Banana-Raspberry Rice Flour Pancakes; and a cuppa the house Coffee (and a few refillas, too)




(Today's EweToobular juxtaselection? Beck's real name happens to be "Dorothy", of course.)


It goes without saying (then why do people always feel it necessary to say it, anyway?) that no summer workout of my Breakfastary Starting Rotation would be complete without eating at Dottie's True blue café (see last 'blog-entry from June 1st, 2014). I even lucked-out this morning and found a legal and extra safe parking spot right along 6th Street this morning only a few spaces away from the front door. I say "extra safe" as I was parked behind three CHP cars and one CHP motorcycle (they were all having breakfast at Dottie's this morning, too). Of course, with that many law enforcement officials on hand, it would have made it very hard for me to absquatulate without paying the bill.

My meal this morning was off the "Specials" chalkboard. There were a couple of other flavoursome choices, too: Zucchini Cakes (topped with poached eggs & spicy Marinara, fruit & potatoes ~ this may be one of my favourite dishes at Dottie's; however, I just had that two visits ago); and Avocado, Tomato, Jalapeño, Scallion, Corn & Feta Frittata (which is also very good, but I just had it back in January, too); or, from their standard menu, I could have made an omelette of my own choosing (I would have chosen a Kalamata olive, fresh basil, and Feta mixture ~ there are over twenty-five items from which to decide).




These were three medium sized, but extra thick (¼"- to ½"-thick or so) pancakes. They were very good and I really couldn't tell that these were made with rice flour. This would be a great meal for anyone that partakes of a Gluten-free diet (if you ask me, they should never charge for that Gluten stuff, anyway). Banana and raspberry[1] make for a very good breakfastary/pancakey combination. I had thought about ordering a side of homefries, but I was glad that I didn't because that would have been way too much for me to finish; the pancakes were more than filling as it were.

As stated many times before, Dottie's has a very decent selection of condimentary supplementation. None were really needed this morning, though. At least I knew that I didn't have to schlep any of my own with me again today.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating: Banana-Raspberry Rice Flour Pancakes ~ 6.5


1. Stupid, useless cunning linguist pointer of the day:

Just for the heck of it (and because my waiter-server-guy this morning was Mexican) "banana" in Spanish is "plátano" and "raspberry" is "frambuesa".

No comments:

Post a Comment