Sunday, October 18, 2015

Boudin Bakery


Richmond (District) Coffeehouses 
~ Chapter X




https://www.boudinbakery.com/


Place: Boudin Bakery
Location: 399 10th Avenue (on the corner of Geary Boulevard)
Hours: open at 6:00am daily
Meal: Jalapeño-Cheddar Roll and Cinnamon Roll; and a cuppa Peerless Coffee & Tea® Fair Trade French Organic

http://www.peerlesscoffee.com/product/all-coffee/fair-trade-french-organic/




I went to Boudin Bakery this morning for a quick breakfast (see previous 'blog-entry from February 23rd, 2014). This location doesn't have the same full-menu café selection like some of its other bakery-cafés do. It's also a pretty small joint with just two round sidewalk tables for two and one larger rectangular sidewalk table for four (inside there is just room for the bakery counter with two display cases). And, while this is not technically a coffeehouse, they do serve Coffee and have a very good selection of fresh-baked goods that would make any real coffeehouse proud. Because of which, I am including it in the Richmond District Coffeehouses series (my 'damn 'blog, my 'damn 'rules), anyway. 

This ended up being just a last second back-up plan. I was originally planning on going to Coffee Break (which is just across the street), but they are supposed to be open at 8:00am on Sundays and they had still yet to show any signs of life at 8:20am when I had arrived. They were open a half-hour later when I had finished eating my breakfast. So, I will have to check them out another time (just later than 8:20am).




The counter-lady (by which, I mean the woman taking the orders at the front cash register; she wasn't a transsexual, that I could tell; not that there is anything wrong with that) offered to heat up the Jalapeño-Cheddar Roll, which was nice. Unfortunately, this roll was made with those sliced, pickled jalapeño jobbers (fresh, sliced jalapeños are always so much better and really do make a difference); however, I am pretty sure the Cheddar cheese was not the pickled version. I was initially going to order an Almond Crescent as my sweet baked goods choice, but they were just bringing out a full tray with a few other sweet choices and I couldn't pass up the Cinnamon Roll. This turned out to be a good decision, too, as it was very good. 

Not that any condimentary supplements were really needed this morning, but I noticed that there was a bottle of Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce) for use. I did have a couple of my own bottles of hot sauce with me this morning, too, but they were not necessary either.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating: Jalapeño-Cheddar Roll ~ 6.2 (this probably would have been 6.3 or 6.4 made with fresh jalapeños); Cinnamon Roll ~ 6.4

No comments:

Post a Comment