Saturday, October 10, 2015

Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen




http://jasperscornertap.com/


Place: Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen
Location: 401 Taylor Street (on the corner of O'Farrell Street)
Hours: breakfast is served daily from 6:30am 
(they also have a Saturday & Sunday "Brunch", but that is only served from 11:00am; however, I honestly can't remember the last time that I ate my early morning meal that late)
Meal: Jasper's Omelet ~ avocado, roasted red onion, grape tomatoes, cream cheese, breakfast potatoes; and a (rather small) glassa orange juice





(There are no real juxtaselections for today's EweToobular songs. I just like Lake Street Dive; they are a new[ish] group.)


I pass by Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen almost daily on my way to work, but this is the first time that I have ever eaten there. They are the house restaurant for Serrano Hotel. They open up very early, which is always nice. They have a borderline Tenderloin location, which isn't so nice. They state on their web-site that it is "Just a short walk away from Union Square and the Curran Theater..."; that sounds much more appealing than "Just a short walk away from the Tenderloin and the neighborhood crack-house...", I suppose.

Their Breakfast Menu really only has a few items from which to choose for stupid vegetarians. The other possibilities were J Cakes (3 fresh pancakes, Grade A dark maple syrup, bacon or sausage; of course, I would have asked to substitute some of the breakfast potatoes for the porky products) or French Toast (vanilla crème dipped bread, Vermont maple syrup, sweet cream butter). They do also offer Chilaquiles (beef short rib, scrambled eggs, tortillas, red sauce, heirloom beans, queso fresco, crema; again, I would have asked for this without the dead, decaying bovine stuff). Additionally, they have a side offering of Sautéed Kale, which sounded good, but I always like potatoes much better for a breakfastary side.




This omelette was done rather well. I liked that the grape tomatoes added a nice, sweet *pop* to the omelette; plus, the caramelized red onions were a very good addition, too. I would have preferred some kinda goat cheese (or ~ even betta ~ Feta) instead of the boring ol' phaux Philadelphia cheese-stuph, which would have paired much better with all the other ingredients. The omelette was topped with micro-greens of some sort, possibly radish sprouts. The breakfast potatoes were nice and crispy and greasy (and I mean that in a good way), with a nice dusting of some kinda red spices.

Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen offers for condimentary supplementation Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (both Original Red Sauce and Chipotle) and Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce. I used some of my own Florida Gold Premium Habanero Hot Sauce (Thanks, Kerry!) on the omelette and some Pope's Whiskey River Full Flavor Hot Sauce (Thanks, Amy and Chef Joe!) on the potatoes.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating: Jasper's Omelet ~ 6.4 (but probably would have been 6.5-6.6 with goat cheese or 6.7-6.8 with Feta); breakfast potatoes ~ 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment