Sunday, November 20, 2016

Dottie's True blue café




http://www.dottiestruebluesf.com/


Place: Dottie's True blue café
Location: 26 6th Street 
(on the corner of Stevenson Street)
Hours: open Thursday through Monday at 7:30am
Meal: Black Bean Cakes and Eggs Any Style ~ grilled chili-Cheddar corn bread and home fries, topped with sour cream & pico de gallo; and a glassa fresh-squeezed orange juice


Once again, it was raining a bit this morning and I had arrived at Dottie's True blue café (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, September 24th, 2016) about fifteen minutes before they opened. Luckily, I was the third person in line and got the chance to remain somewhat dry under the small overhang at the front of the building; however, it is only large/long enough for about six to ten people to huddle under it out of the rain.




As usual, there were also several other good ideas off their weekly specials chalkboard. I have had most of them recently (or at least in 2016) and decided to go with what I ordered as it had been a while since I last had that dish.

I ordered the eggs as over-medium. I tried something different with this dish today, I placed one of the eggs on top of one of the black bean cakes (à la Eggs Benedict); this turned out to be a very smart idea and worked out very nicely. While this may not have been as genius as their Zucchini Cakes (aka Uova Benedetto), it was still pretty intelligent on my part all the same. The next time I order this dish, I will have to get it with poached eggs and try that again. As always, their portions are never lacking here; a meal here will usually last me until late afternoon where I will skip a normal lunch and just eat an early dinner. The piece of grilled chili-Cheddar corn bread was huge and very tasty, too.

I would normally not bother bringing any of my own hot sauces with me, because I know that Dottie's True blue café has a very good selection of condimentary supplements of their own and probably would have gone with some Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce Chipotle Sauce on the potatoes, but I really need to work through the surplus of hot sauces that I currently have in my refrigerator. So I used some (well, about as much as you would use ketchup) of my own Sunbelt Plantations Vidalia® Onion Picante 
Hot Sauce (Thanks, Greg & Cindy!) on the huge pile o' taters and some Golden Pagoda Jalapeño 
Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom!) on top of the two eggs.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating
Black Bean Cakes and Eggs Any Style ~ 6.9;
grilled chili-Cheddar corn bread ~ 7.0


No comments:

Post a Comment