Saturday, October 7, 2017

Dottie's True blue café




http://dottiestruebluesf.com/


Place: Dottie's True blue café

Location: 28 6th Street 
(on the corner of Stevenson Street)

Hours: open 7:30am Thursday through Monday 

MealZucchini[1] Cakes ~ topped with poached eggs & spicy Marinara sauce, ("served with" is implied; I am pretty sure they did not mean also "topped with...") fruit & potatoes; and a glassa orange juice



(I remember going to see the Pousette-Dart Band[2] at a popular nightclub [whose name unfortunately eludes me right now] in Kenmore Square way back in the Summer of 1977. I think they may have even been on the same line-up with Livingston Taylor[3] that night.)


In continuing with my One Visit a Month in 2017 to Dottie's True blue café (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, September 9th, 2017), I went back there again this morning for my one visit for the month of October.

I happened to score "Seat #1" again at the corner of the counter-seating area (which was pretty easy as I was the first idiot waiting in line this morning; I think I had arrived there about ten minutes earlier than the next idiot even).




What (else) can I say...[4] (that I haven't said ten to twenty times already) about this great take on Uova Benedetto? Dottie's Zucchini Cakes really is (are?) one of my favourite breakfastary meals in all of San Francisco.

Sitting where I was, overlooking the kitchen prep-and-cook area (well, that is the technical cookery term I am going with), I noticed one of the prep-guys (also another technical cookery term I am going with) cutting up a long loaf of Dottie's chili-Cheddar cornbread for later use in the morning. This got me to thinking that I bet this would also make a great base for an Eggs Benedict-type dish, perhaps with some kinda nice chipotle-Hollandaise (even though Kurt really hates poaching eggs).

Today's fruits were: green and black grapes (actual botanical berries [see footnote 1. below]); blueberries (also abb's); strawberries (not abb's); and honeydew melon (I think this is also abb's, but I am not exactly sure; however, if watermelons and pumpkins are abb's, I can only assume that honeydew melons have to be, too).

For condimentary supplementation, I used some of Dottie's Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce ~ Chipotle Pepper Sauce all over the potatoes (about as much as a normal person might use plain ol' ketchup). I left the spicy Marinara sauce unscathed, as it is pretty d*rn tasty all on its ownsome (plus, I didn't want Kurt throwing me out for messing-up his creation any).


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Zucchini Cakes ~ 7.6

___________________

1. As strange as it sounds (or is that "it sounds as it is strange"?), the zucchini is actually a fruit, and also botanically a "berry".

https://web.archive.org/web/20111120221956/http://waynesword.palomar.edu/fruitid1.htm

2. https://www.allmusic.com/artist/pousette-dart-band-mn0000855017/discography

3. http://livingstontaylor.com/

4. Now you might get the above EweToobular juxtaselection for today's video input. Either that, or perhaps Jon Pousette-Dart just happens to be a big fan of Zucchini Cakes himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment