Saturday, September 9, 2017

Dottie's True blue café




http://dottiestruebluesf.com/


Place: Dottie's True blue café

Location: 28 6th Street 
(on the corner of Stevenson Street)

Hours: open 7:30am Thursday through Monday

Meal: 1929 Bronze Goddess Banana Rum Roll; two eggs over-medium; and a glassa orange juice


Of course, no End-of-Season Workout of my Breakfastary Starting Rotation would be complete without a trip to Dottie's True blue café (see last 'blog-entry from Sunday, August 13th, 2017). Plus, I am attempting to make at least one visit per month there this year. I am nine-for-nine so far (in Baseball-ese, I think that is called "Batting .900").

I am not sure of the status of ownership currently. There was no sign in the front window any longer stating "PUBLIC NOTICE OF APPLICATION FOR OWNERSHIP CHANGE". So either the sale has gone through, or it has fallen through. I didn't bother to bother Kurt about the situation this morning as he was busy doing all the important cooking stuff. I am just happy to see that Dottie's True blue café is still open for the time being.

I wanted to keep it basically simple (Isn't "simple" by definition "basic", anyway?) this morning and was planning all along on just ordering one of their fresh-baked (daily, on the premises) items with a couple of eggs. I knew that their baked-goods are HUGE portions and almost a meal all on their ownsome. The other two (simply basic) ideas that I was thinking about were 1920's Prohibition Whiskey Blueberry Crumb Cake (which I would also have ordered with two eggs over-medium) or Dottie's Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake (again, which I would also have ordered with two eggs over-medium).




Of their fresh-baked items available this morning, I had to go with the 1929 Bronze Goddess Banana Rum Roll choice as it sounded the most interesting, and it turned out to be just as interesting-tasting, too. I have absolutely no baking skills or baking knowledge, so I really can't explain how this was made. It was bread/roll dough in a bowl wrapped around large pieces of banana (I estimate there was at least one whole banana in the dish). This was served warmed-up from the oven.

I had originally thought about also ordering a side of potatoes, but, luckily, I thought better of it, as this was all a lot of food as it was.

For condimentary supplementation, I used some of the available Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Chipotle Pepper Sauce) on one egg and some Frank's® RedHot® Chile 'n Lime Hot Sauce on the other egg.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
1929 Bronze Goddess Banana Rum Roll ~ 7.1;
2 eggs over-medium ~ well... it was just two eggs over-medium, even I couldn't mess that up (if I ever had any eggs in my refrigerator that is)

No comments:

Post a Comment