Sunday, November 5, 2017

Dottie's True blue café




http://dottiestruebluesf.com/


Place: Dottie's True blue café

Location: 28 6th Street 
(on the corner of Stevenson Street)

Hours: open 7:30am Thursday through Monday 

Meal: Two Eggs, any way you like (I liked them over-medium) ~ with home fries & toast (I went with buttermilk-dill); a Black & Blueberry Muffin (it musta had a rough Saturday night); and a cuppa (and two refillas) the house Coffee






(Just a coupla timely EweToobular songs to herald in the end of [the completely useless and stupid] Daylight Saving Time.)


For the eleventh month in a row (in an attempt to go there at least once a month for an entire year), I headed back to Dottie's True blue café (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, October 7th, 2017). 

I was the first idiot to arrive there early this morning (it was around 7:05am), but I really thought that because of the time-change, there would already be a bevy of touristas waiting in line ahead of me. Less than five minutes after arriving, many more people started to queue-up behind me, and the line was once again around the corner before they opened the doors. Luckily, it was a sunny enough morning and just cool enough to wait outside with a jacket on. Because I was the first one in the door, I had my choice of seating, and once again I chose "Seat #1" at the corner of the counter.

If I hadn't have gone the simplistic breakfast route, I was thinking about creating (well, choosing the ingredients and having Kurt do the actual "creating") my own three-egg omelette from the extensive list of ingredients that Dottie's offers. One combination that I came up with was corn, basil, and Feta (which sounded just strange enough that I know I would have loved it). Another idea was avocado, Kalamata olives, and Gruyère. And also maybe spinach, roasted garlic, and goat cheese. Maybe next month, if I don't see something different or more interesting on their Specials Board, I will try one of these.




This was a HUGE muffin and almost a meal unto itself. (I don't know if you can tell from the above photo, but the muffin took up almost an entire full-sized dinner plate.) I finished it, but just barely. It was very good with the combination and abundance of blueberries (a true botanical berry, of course) and blackberries (a not-so-true botanical berry) in it. They heat it up before bringing it to you, too.




It was two eggs over-medium with a side of homefries and toast. What more can I say about it?

Because Dottie's True blue café has a pretty decent selection of condimentary supplements, I never bother bringing any of my own hot sauces with me and I used some of the provided Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce ~ Chipotle Pepper Sauce all over the potatoes and some Frank's® RedHot® Chile 'n Lime on top of both eggs.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Black & Blueberry Muffin ~ 6.8;
egg-cetera ~ 6.4 (it was a pretty basic meal, but their potatoes are always top-notch)

No comments:

Post a Comment