Saturday, March 24, 2018

Lapisara Eatery



(Here is where I normally would post a photo of the restaurant; however... someone forgot to pack a camera in his backpack this morning! The 555 is on me.)

https://www.lapisaraeatery.com/

(Do not bother clicking on that link yet. This is their "Official" website, but apparently they are still way too new to even have it activated.)


Place: Lapisara Eatery

Location: 698 Post Street (on the corner of Jones Street); phonicular contact: (415) 655-3556

Hours: open every day of the week at 7:30am for "Brunch" (but because this place is just quaint enough and open early enough every day, I did not even mind that snooty-*ss nomenclature)

Meal: "Veggie" (uggh!) Omelet ~ mushroom, (red & green) bell pepper, spinach, (white) onion, tomatoes, avocado, and sharp Cheddar - served with breakfast potatoes and sourdough toast; and a glassa Mix Berry Lemonade





(Geez. Can't ya make up yer d*mn mind, Sir Mick?!

[There are no EweToobular juxtaselections with today's videos and meal. I just had these two Rollink Stonz songs pop into my head earlier this morning and felt like counter-playing them against themselves.])


While peregrinating around Lower Nob Hill (which is, let's face it, really just "the Upper Tenderloin") a few weeks back after breakfast, I came across a brand spanking-new (as in they had just opened for spanking-business on Tuesday, March 6th) little place ~ Lapisara Eatery. Luckily, this knowledge came in handy as a back-up plan, as, once again this morning, I was planning on returning to café bean, but they were not open at 7:30am (café  bean is supposed to open at 7:00am daily; I waited twenty minutes, but they never opened this morning ~ they may possibly be closed for a vacation or such; however, there were no signs in the door/windows stating that they are not currently open for business).

Lapisara Eatery is a really cute little joint. There are just fifteen tables for two's and four tables for four's. Supposably this is a Thai family (or two) owned restaurant that specializes in Thai-fusion, but I could not determine that from any of the dishes on the menu. I am not sure what "Lapisara" means in Thai, but the menu is adorned with a small family of elephants[1] marching along the top.

They do not have that extensive a "Brunch" menu for silly vegetarian-types, but there still are a few other decent choices whenever I decide on a return-trip (or if café bean is still not open):

(the ubiquitous) Avocado Toast ~ with olive oil and toast, add $2.00 poach egg (which I am sure I would do);

French Toast ~ with House Bourbon Maple Syrup (which is intriguing enough all on its ownsome), brown sugar and butter;

and they also offer a side called Cheddar & Chive Biscuit that might need checking out ("out which might need checking"?! Nah. That just sounds wrong, too.).


(Again, here is where I would usually input a photo of the meal. It is just a pity that someone forgot his camera this morning; this really was a pretty-looking omelette dish. Oh, well.)


Not only was this a pretty-looking dish, it was pretty d*rn tasty, too. The red and green bell peppers were slightly roasted/charred as were the cherry tomatoes in it. I am not sure what they did to the spinach, but it was sautéed and had a very unique flavour to it, too; I was guessing they might have sautéed the spinach in sesame oil or something (I did not think to ask, but enjoyed the flavour all the same). There was a half an avocado sliced and fanned out on top of the omelette (while this may seem like a cheap way outta stuffing that ingredient inside the omelette-shell, I rather liked the simplicity of it). Odious-name aside, I really liked this "Veggie" (uggh!) Omelet. This place was a pleasant "new" discovery for me.

Their version of breakfast potatoes were a real winner, too. These were made with lots of red and green bell peppers in them and topped with lots of green onions... as you can see from the above photo... oh, never mind!

The only bottles of condimentary supplementation that I saw on all the tables were Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce) and Cholula® Hot Sauce (Original). I just used some of my own 
Palo Alto Fire Fighters XXX Ghost Pepper Sauce (Thanks, Brian!) on the potatoes and some 
Fan The Flames Sriracha Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom!) on top of the omelette.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
"Veggie" (uggh!) Omelet ~ 7.0

___________________

1. Stupid, useless cunning linguist pointer of the day:

I did a quick Google Translate search and while there appears to be several (as in at least ten) different words in Thai for "elephant", none of them when transliterated resembled "Lapisara".

No comments:

Post a Comment