Sunday, July 29, 2018

Jerry Remy's Sports Bar & Grill


Airport Breakfastary Food - Part VI
General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport, Boston, MA
(Sunday, 07/22/2018)



http://www.tastesonthefly.com/airports/bos

(I could not locate an official web-site thing. This was the best that I could find.)


Place: Jerry Remy's Sports Bar & Grill

Location:  1 Harborside Drive, Logan International Airport, Terminal C, Boston, MA;
phonicular contact: (617) 567-5379

Hours: ??? (your guess is as good as mine; without an official web-site thing, I have no way of knowing; it was open after 8:00am for breakfast when I had arrived there, at least)

Meal: Veggie Omelet ~ fresh mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, and Vermont Cheddar (or more colloquially [or "co-locally"]: "Ched-dah") cheese, served with home fries and (wheat) toast; and a glassa orange juice with the meal; afterward, for a breakfastary dessert, a Boston Kreme doughnut and a small (12oz) cuppa Original Blend (black-no-sugar, thank you) at Dunkin' Donuts® (which was also located nearby in Terminal C)

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/en/food-drinks/donuts/donuts




(I have heard that this James Vernon Taylor-person also likes Boston Kreme doughnuts. I guess they will let just about any street-busker perform from the Dugout in Fenway Park.)


I have traveled through Logan International Airport, Terminal C many times before and have been meaning to try eating breakfast at Jerry Remy's Sports Bar & Grill; I finally completed that try. I was not quite sure that I would actually have time to eat a sit-down breakfast, as we had left Wareham at almost exactly 7:00am. However, due to light-to-little Sunday morning traffic (and, thankfully, the torrential rains of Summer were holding off) all the way to the airport, I was dropped off (Thanks, Kerry! Another successful "Pick-up & Drop-off" completed!) with more than ample time for breakfast (and even breakfastary dessert, too).

I am not quite sure of the status of this last remaining location of the Jerry Remy's Sports Bar & Grill franchise. I do know that the two other freestanding locations ~ one in Boston (right next to Fenway Park) and one in Jerry's birth-town of Fall River ~ have closed permanently due to financial problems (the one in Boston closed back in 2016 and the one in Fall River just closed earlier this year in May). It happens to the best of them, I suppose. Even Sam "Mayday" Malone could not save the Bull & Finch Pub from going out of business.

If this restaurant is still in business the next time that I am heading home through Boston, there were a couple of other ideas that I would possibly like to check out:

Brioche French Toast ~ made with thick cut brioche, served with pure maple syrup ('cause that un-pure stuff just ain't worth serving), add seasonal berries for only $1.00 (which is probably the way I would go);

or 

Florentine Benedict ~ poached eggs, tomatoes and spinach on an English muffin topped with Hollandaise sauce, served with home fries.

I also noticed on their menu that they "Proudly Serve" Peet's Coffee & Tea[2] House Blend Coffee. I probably mighta went with a cuppa that if I had not already been thinking on getting me the cuppa 
Dunkin' Donuts® Original Blend.




I was a bit disappointed that the serving dishes were not in the shape of Home Plate (or at least Second Base, What?). Tableware notwithstanding, this was a pretty decent omelette (as far as airport food standards go), but nothing quite gather-worthy. I liked that they actually grilled the toast and that the homefries were made with red potatoes with green bell peppers and onions in them.

Jerry Remy's Sports Bar & Grill offered for condimentary supplementation both Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce) and Huy Fong Foods Inc. Sriracha HOT Chili Sauce. I just used some (well, about as much as a normal person would use ketchup) Sriracha on the homefries.

D'oh! I just thought of this after-the-fact. I shoulda ordered some of their pancakes for breakfast so I coulda shouted: "BATTER'S UP!!!"


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Veggie Omelet ~ 6.3;
Dunkin' Donuts® Original Blend ~ 6.4;
Dunkin' Donuts® Boston Kreme ~ 5.9 (surprisingly, as much as I love these doughnuts, and make sure to get at least one during my trips back eastward, Clint [and this trip I actually had them three times], they are just wayyyy too sweet, but they are still iconically Boston to me);
Boston Red Sox ~ 73-33 (current record; for which, I fully expect them to finish the Season at 130-33 ~ GO RED SOX!!!)

___________________

1. Gerald Peter Remy (aka "Jerry" aka "Rem Dawg") had a decent-enough 10-year MLB career as a Second Basemen. Playing his first three years with the (then still) California Ångels and his final seven years of his career with his hometown Boston Red Sox. I am not sure what he is doing now-a-days...

http://m.mlb.com/player/121064/jerry-remy

2. This is how the coffeehouse chain is printed on the menu; however, they have changed their name corporately to just Peet's Coffee® now. 

Sadly, they are no longer a locally (as in Berkeley, CA)-owned Coffee roaster, anyway. The company had been purchased in 2012 by the same Coffee robber-barons that now own (wholly or portionally) Caribou Coffee, Stumptown Coffee Roasters, Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea, and even those Keurig Green Mountian people. So, they are not really much better now than the bastages at St*rbucks.

Peet's Coffee® used to be my go-to local place for Coffee, but I have been cutting back on going-to there lately. Do not get me wrong, I do not have a problem with a company being successful due to free enterprise (ain't that what 'merica was born on on July 4th, 1776?). I just prefer to support as many smaller, local businesses as I can.

https://www.jabholco.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment