Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Persy's Place


Wareham, MA
(Tuesday, 07/17/2018)



https://persysplace.com/


Place: Persy's Place

Location:  3198 Cranberry Highway, East Wareham, MA

Hours: open at 7:00am every day of the week

Meal: (me) Harvest Benedict ~ 2 dropped eggs (or as you like) on a bed of zucchini, summer squash and tomatoes sautéed in olive oil blend on toasted English muffin topped with Hollandaise sauce; (Sean) Breakfast Crêpes ~  3 sweet crêpes rolled and filled with scrambled eggs, ham, Swiss cheese, mushrooms & topped with Hollandaise sauce; (Nick)  Portuguese Chourico Benedict ~ 2 dropped eggs (or as you like), with spicy Portuguese chourico, sautéed onions and peppers with Hollandaise sauce on toasted English muffin; (Mom) raisin toast
and to drink: (me & Sean) the Coffee Special of the month (or possibly week) ~ Chocolate Peanut-butter (I kid you not); (Nick) a glassa orange juice (I think; I forgot to write it down); (Mom) a cuppa plain ol' tea


No trip to Wareham would be complete without a visit to Persy's Place (see last 'blog-entry from Wednesday, May 31st, 2017). That is not just hyperbole; it is the actual law in Wareham (Massachusetts really needs to rescind some of their stranger Blue Laws).

The worst part about eating at this joint is trying to decide what to order off of their ridiculously 
humongous menu ~ they offer everything from Breakfast Sandwiches to Egg Basics to House Specialties to Burritos to Egg Favorites to Legendary Egg Creations to Scrumptious Scramblers to Bombs to Omelets to Crêpes to Buttermilk Pancakes to French Toast... and they also offer five different types of Belgian Waffles (and who humongous has not waffled a bit while ordering breakfast?). They even offer thirteen different ('cause thirteen of the same is not really much of a variety) Sunrise Sides from which to choose. I could list several other breakfast dishes that I was eyeing on the menu, but that could take several days and probably cost many lives. Just click on their d*mn web-site link above and check out the menu yerd*mnself!




Yeah, this was a messa gooey Hollandaise mess, but I liked it all the same. There were lots of zucchini and summer squash in the mix, and luckily I like both of them a lot. I did not notice until I was keyboarding up this 'blog-entry, but you may substitute an English crumpet for toasted English muffin. D*rn it! If I had known that, I would have done that for sure. Next time, perhaps?

All Legendary Egg Creations (that would be Eggs Benedict dishes to you and me) are served with your choice of 2 Sunrise Sides. I went with baked beans and homefries (I thought about going with double-potato sides and ordering the hashbrowns, too); Nick went with homefries and cornbread. Nick's choices were great for the rest of the table as the serving of cornbread they give you is absolutely HUGE and the rest of us got to enjoy about three-quarters of what he could not finish.

I am always game to try new and interesting-sounding (read: disgusting-sounding) Coffees. I thought this Coffee had more Chocolate flavour than peanut-butter, but the aroma was definitely Reese's® reminiscent.

I really do not quite remember what Persy's Place might have had to offer for condimentary supplementation. I think that I used some Frank's® RedHot® Original on my homefries. (See? This is where it pays to write stuff down, kids.)


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Harvest Benedict ~ 6.6;
Chocolate Peanut-butter Coffee ~ 6.5
(however, I did not poll [or Czech with] the rest of the table for their Glen Bacon Scale input for their respective meals... or toast)

No comments:

Post a Comment