Sunday, October 28, 2018

the Blarney Stone


Breakfast on Geary (redux) ~ Part 33



(No official-type web-site. It is just a neighborhood pub, what der'ya expect?!)


Place: the Blarney Stone

Location:  5625 Geary Boulevard (between 20th and 21st Avenues); phonicular contact: (415) 386-9914

Hours: open for "Brunch" Saturday and Sunday at 10:00am(-ish; just like yesterday morning, I had arrived there just a little after their "official" opening time, and I was informed by the beer-keep that the kitchen staff [or in this case, the one cook for the kitchen/pub-grub] had just arrived and the stove would take about fifteen minutes to warm up/prepare; however, unlike yesterday morning, I had already had a cuppa Coffee earlier, so I just ordered a Beer to sip on while waiting to place my order)

Meal: "Veggie" (uggh!) Omelet ~ (I am not exactly sure as there is no official-type web-site to check with, but it included) mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and Cheddar cheese (at least; there may have been another "veggie" [uggh!] or two involved, but I do not remember now), served with either steak fries (which is what I went with) or tater tots and choice of toast (I had sourdough); to drink with (and before) the meal a pinta Guinness® Stout; and prior to heading to breakfast, a cuppa (well, more like a small bowla, really) Rose Latte at home (which was just two blocks from where I had breakfast, anyway)

http://homecoffeesf.com/menu/



(I do not know if Sir George Ivan is a fan of 'merican Baseball or not, but I am sure that if he were, he would support the Boston Red Sox.)


I felt like keeping it very local for breakfast (well, "Brunch") this morning and headed over to 
the Blarney Stone (which is within walking distance of my apartment ~ just twelve blocks straight down Geary Boulevard [and it was all downhill on the way there, too]). I am sure that I had eaten there before for breakfast ("Brunch", whatever), but it had been several years ago (at least before 2010, when I started keeping tabs with this silly little 'blog-thing).

They do not really offer a lot of items from which to choose on their "Brunch" menu. I think there was only one or two other choices available for stupid vegetarian-types. It is really just a pub with a small kitchen, after all.



(This is the real Caife na hÉireann, boyos!)


I overheard the publican say to another customer that there were "free refills" on his diet cola-drink. Unfortunately, when I asked if I got "free refills" with my Beer, I was shot down immediately (buncha cheap bastages!).




This omelette was okay, and much better than I could ever make, but that is not really much of a compliment. It was good enough for pub/bar standards, but I highly doubt that it will ever make me add the pub to my Breakfastary Starting Rotation. Vegans and stupid vegetarian alike, do not worry, the "steak" fries were actually made outta potatoes (aka "chips"/"chippers"). There was a good portion of them, too. I had almost thought about ordering a side of fried pickles, but it probably woulda been overkill for my appetite.



(Again, I am blaming the poor lighting on this blurry photo.)


I liked how their salt and pepper shakers were made out of little (airline-size) bottles of Bushmills (salt shakers) and Jameson® (pepper shakers). Otherwise, I only saw Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce on the tables for use as a condimentary supplement. I used some of my own Punch Drunk Chocolate Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce (Thanks, Sean!) on the chips and some Charlie's Chili Stuff (Thanks, Sha!) sprinkled all over the top of the omelette. Strangely enough, I did not see any malt vinegar for use with the chips anywhere; I would assume that the Irish used that, too.



(not really another) Strange Coffee Interlude

To give the Boston Red Sox some more mojo-aucity for tonight's World Series Game, I wanted to order some kinda Coffee drink with some variation of "Red" in its name (I looked, but, thankfully, did not see any "Dirty Sox Latte" on their menu). I suppose I mighta coulda went with their Red Velvet Latte, which I have had before and liked, but the Rose Latte is just so much better and more unique.


Go Red Sox!!!


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
"Veggie" (uggh!) Omelet ~ 5.9 (and this is being generous because I liked the chips and the amount given);
Guinness® Stout ~ 7.6 (there was a time when I would rate this as high as 8.0; however, I think their quality has gone down immensely in the past twenty years since becoming part of a HUGE International Beer conglomerate);
Rose Latte ~ 7.3

No comments:

Post a Comment