Sunday, August 4, 2019

Jane ~ on Fillmore




https://www.itsjane.com/location/jane-on-fillmore/#breakfast/


Place: Jane ~ on Fillmore

Location: 2123 Fillmore Street
(between California and Sacramento Streets)

Hours: open daily from 7:00am

Meal: Raw Sprouted Black Rice Porridge ~ almond and coconut milk, chia seeds, coconut crunch (which was basically granola and dried/roasted coconut meat), goji berries, fresh kiwi[1] (served warm upon request)[2]; a Citrus Brioche for starters; and, to drink, a cuppa their own Bread & Butter blend/roast Coffee (for some reason, this location does not do single-cuppa pour-overs like they do at their on Larkin Street location)




(I will let you try to decipher the hidden juxtaselection with this classic [but sounding overly corn-ballish today] 80's EweToobular song/video. And, no, it is not because Johann/János Weißmüller was a big fan of either goji berries or kiwi berries. [Although, I did not even consider the whole "Edgar (Raw Sprouted Black) Rice Burroughs" connection.])[3]


To make it a compleat Jane kinda weekend (see 'blog-entry from just yesterday, Saturday, August 3rd, 2019), I went back to their on Fillmore Street location.

Once again, I sat upstairs in the loft-area, overlooking the mounted Bison-head. (Jane, is that you?!)

(Because I am basically lazy, I did a "cut-'n'-paste" job from yesterday's 'blog-entry, just deletising today's meal option.) There are still a few more good breakfastary ideas (even for st*pid vegetarian-types with reading-comprehension problems):

(the simply-enough named) Egg Sandwich ~ on your choice of housebaked sourdough, multigrain bread or baguette with homemade tomato chutney and Cheddar cheese (where I would have to go with the "Add Avocado" option; ha! "tomato chutney" and "Cheddar cheese"... "What are two things you will never see or hear at Ronnie Mac's Rainbow Room? for $200, Alex." );

Avocado Mash ~ avocado, cracked black pepper, soft boiled egg, pickled shallot and jalapeño on house sourdough (basically your ubiquitous "Avocado Toast"); 

and

Dragonfruit Smoothie Bowl ~ dragonfruit, pineapple, banana, ginger, coconut water, blueberries, raspberries, hemp seeds, flax seeds, cocoa nibs, goji, mulberries (that oughtta be enough d*mn berries to hold over both Captain Parmenter and Maria Halle).

("Okay, Brian. We get that you are too d*mn lazy to actually re-type the items, but did you really have to include the same st*pid jokes in each description?" Well, yes, I really did have to!)

Additionally, they offer a few different salads (not on the breakfast portion of the menu) that I am sure that I could have a poached/soft boiled egg added atop to make a bit more breakfastarily-sound. Ferinstance:

Rainbow ~ shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes, marinated kale, avocado, cucumbers, baby spinach, housemade hummus, tahini dressing (Hmmm?! Seems to me that their "Rainbow" is missing something yellow, blue, indigo, and violet, though);

Freekeh ~ kale, sprouted mung beans and black lentils, currants, green onion, mint, sunflower seeds, cumin lemon dressing (just be forewarned, if I do ever order this salad, I will more than likely have to go with the titular joke "Get your Freekeh on!"; sorry, them is the rules);

or

Fiesta Rice Bowl ~ red rice, chipotle roasted carrots, black beans, avocado, red pepper, romaine, mango salsa (vegan) (Hmmm?! Looks like this salad has just as many colours covered as their 
Rainbosalad; maybe they shoulda called this one their "Mexican Rainbow" salad).

(Thankfully, neither of these salads have any m*udits lardons listed as an ingredient for me to accidentally overlook.)



(Trust me, the Citrus Brioche really did taste much better than the cr*mmy photo above looks.)



Like yesterday's breakfast salad-thing, this was all pretty basic and simple. All in all, I liked it well enough. There was a decent amount of kiwi berries diced up on top as well as some goji berries. I hate it when "eating healthy" actually tastes good, too! (But, thankfully again, there were no hidden m*udits lardons for me to pick out this morning... )

The Coffee was also very good this morning. I have had their own blend/roast several times before, anyway. It is just not as flavourful as the Kenyan Coffee from yesterday morning, though.

Because this was a sweet, not savoury, dish, I skipped any additional condimentary supplements. I did notice that this location offers both Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce) and Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce. (You know, I almost thought about using some of my new The Spice & Tea Exchange® Florida Sunshine [Almost thanks, Cindy!] spice grinder-upper-thing on it... almost... with its list of ingredients as "sea salt, orange zest, green peppercorn, ginger, lemon zest, lime zest, and rose petals" it really mighta notta been that bad of an addition.)


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Raw Sprouted Black (Edgar) Rice (Burroughs) Porridge ~ 6.4;
Citrus Brioche ~ 7.0;
Bread & Butter blend/roast ~ 6.9

___________________

1. St*pid, useless botanical pointer of the day:

Like the goji berries in the dish, kiwifruit are actually berries, too.

2. Of course, I went with the warmed-up option, but not before giving the poor counter-lady person a bit of a hard time while ordering.

Me: "... and the Raw Sprouted Black Rice Porridge, and a cuppa Coffee."
Poor Counter-lady Person: "Would you like that warmed up?"
Me: "Of course I would like my Coffee 'warmed up'. Even better, make it 'hot' if you can do so... "

(I made sure to keep an eye on her while she was pouring my Coffee to make sure I did not get the deservedly-so "Friends"-type "sneezer". I have no idea what she told the kitchen-staff to do to my bowl o' porridge, though.)

3. Ha! I even still possess the Maxi-Single 45rpm (as in vinyl-record) version of this silly song.

No comments:

Post a Comment