Sunday, August 11, 2019

Joe's Coffee Shop


Breakfast on Geary (redux), Lucky 13c


(Yeah, so there is no cover photo of the restaurant this morning. There was a construction scaffolding blocking the entire front of the building.)


Place: Joe's Coffee Shop

Location: 6134 Geary Blvd (between 25th and 26th Avenues); phonicular contact: (415) 668-9382

Hours: open 7:00am Sunday to Saturday

Meal: Vegetable and Cheese Omelet ~ tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, bell pepper, and spinach, served with hash browns and toast (where I went with sourdough again today); and a large glassa orange juice to drink




(Now I kinda wish I had ordered a side o' beans with my breakfast... [actually they do not offer these as a side on their menu, but still...])


I went back to Joe's Coffee Shop (see last 'blog-entry from just Saturday, February 2nd, 2019) this morning. This was actually my back-up "Plan B from Outer Space", Mr. Wood. I originally was planning on going back to Lincoln Park (Golf Course) Restaurant; however, they were not open at 8:15am when I had walked "all-the-way-over-there" (it is a full two blocks away, after all). They are supposably open on Saturdays and Sundays at 8:00am for breakfast now. Just-in-case they were not open, I had it in mind to simply head down to Joe's Coffee Shop (which was a whole 'nother nine blocks away, fercryin'outloud!).

Once again, I sat at their diner-counter, and, once again, there was Premier League Football (which looked a lot like Soccer, if you ask me) on the telly: M(anchester)UN(ited) v. CHE(lsea). I did not stay until the end of the match, but ManU was the first to draw blood (Goooooal!) with a Penalty Kick-thing while I was eating breakfast.




There was nuthin' fancy-shmancy about this meal. It was just your basic, good ol' diner-fare kinda omelette. I am not sure which type of cheese was in it, but it was a decent, melty kind ~ probably Monterey Jack (it was definitely not any tasteless, useless 'merican "cheese", which was what I was fully expecting). The hashbrowns were very good ~ crispy-crunchy ~ just the way I like 'em.

For condimentary supplementation, Joe's Coffee Shop offers Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce 
(Original Red Sauce), Crystal® Louisiana's Pure Hot Sauce, and Huy Fong Foods Inc. Sriracha HOT Chili Sauce on the counter top and tables. I used a little of my own Old St. Augustine Datil Pepper Sauce (Thanks, Greg & Cindy!) on the omelette and H*ll's Kitchen Smoky Bourbon Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom!) on the hashbrowns. I also made sure to use a good amount of my new The Spice & Tea Exchange® Florida Sunshine Spice Blend (Thanks, Cindy!) all over both the omelette and potatoes.

https://www.spiceandtea.com/seasonings-blends-rubs/grinder-blends/florida-sunshine-spice-blend.html


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Vegetable and Cheese Omelet ~ 6.0

No comments:

Post a Comment