Saturday, August 31, 2019

Persy's Place


Wareham, MA
(Tuesday, 08/20/2019)



(*stockphoto*stockphoto*stockphoto*
Someone forgot to remind Sean to tell Kerry to mention to me to remember to bring my camera with me that morning. This is just the photo from last year's visit.
*stockphoto*stockphoto*stockphoto*)

https://persysplace.com/


Place: Persy's Place

Location: 3198 Cranberry Highway, East Wareham, MA

Hours: open at 7:00am every day of the week

Meal: (me) Banana Split Pancakes; a side of hashbrowns with pepper Jack cheese and jalapeños; and, to drink, a cuppa (and one-and-a-half refillas) maple-flavoured Coffee (perhaps, New England Coffee? I have never bothered to ask)

(Truthfully, there were just too many of us at the table for me to remember what everyone else had ordered that morning; besides, they are all free to write their own silly li'l 'blog-things for what they had for breakfast.)




(I bet you were not aware that both Paul Wilchinsky and Charles Dawson Butler were originally from Cape Cod.)


If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Persy's Place

For reference to the above sub-titular remark, it looks like I also had eaten at Persy's Place (see last 'blog-entry from Wednesday, July 25th, 2018) on a Tuesday during my previous two visits to Wareham. I probably would have gone later in the week, anyway, but my cousins Cindy (née Sammarco) and Carmie (still Sammarco) and his wife Helen (now Sammarco; don't know her née-name) and my Aunt Jean (mother to the two aforementioned Sammarcos, but now last-named Abruzzese) were in town and suggested this place for breakfast that morning. Additionally, two of my brothers, Kerry and Sean, joined us all for the meal.

You can forget about me listing any other good ideas for breakfast at this place. They probably have the largest breakfast menu in all of New England. It is almost impossible to make a decision for what to eat. You are best to just close your eyes and point to something on the d*rn menu... and, even then, you will still have to choose two sides (which they call "Druthers") from a list of twelve! Trust me, just get their very good cornbread (which is a large enough portion to feed two people, anyway) and totally wag-it on the second side choice. I do like that they offer breakfast potatoes two ways: as homefries or hashbrowns.



(This photo is courtesy of my brother Kerry who took it with some kinda newfangled mobular-device-contraption. He then forwarded a copy of it to my electronic mailbox. Amazing! I have no idea how all this technology-stuff works.)


Because I did not even want to attempt trying to make a futile decision on what to get for breakfast, I ordered this meal off their weekly/monthly specials menu. It was the most disgusting-sounding dish on the menu; so I knew I would love it. I can not believe that someone at the table dared to offer me some maple syrup to pour over the pile!

I think Sean and/or Kerry mentioned that the mess on my plate should have had both whipped cream and a maraschino cherry on top of it to make it an official Banana Split. I told them not to be ridiculous, even I would never put whipped cream on my hashbrowns (of course, I have no problems with maraschino cherries on my potatoes... oooh!... and maybe some crushed peanuts or walnuts, too, Snorky).

I do not remember what they actually called their amped-up hashbrowns, but this was a very smart way to go. While the jalapeños were not of the fresh-sliced variety, they were not overly vinegary either (I imagine even the persnickety son of NASA Astrophysicist Dr. John C. Brandt might not have minded these). Plus, after the over-the-top sweetness of the pancakes (this main dish should come with a side of hypodermic 
needle full of Insulin), the spicy, savouriness was a more than welcomed option. 

Initially I was going to order my potato side with homefries; however, when we were first seated our waitress told us that they were working on making more homefries for the morning and they would not be ready for about ten minutes or more. By the time our entire table (finally) ordered, the waitress said the homefries were now available. No matter, I still wanted to check out the hashbrowns all (pepper) jacked-up.

Not that I really needed any extra condimentary supplements, but I think from past visits that Persy's Place has at least Tabasaco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce), Frank's® RedHot® Original, and Huy Fong Foods, Inc. Sriracha HOT Chili Sauce.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Banana Split Pancakes ~ 6.7;
amped-up hashbrowns ~ 6.7;
maple-flavoured Coffee ~ 6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment