Sunday, May 5, 2019

Dottie's True blue café




http://dottiestruebluesf.com/


Place: Dottie's True blue café

Location: 28 6th Street 
(on the corner of Stevenson Street)

Hours: open 7:30am Thursday through Tuesday

Meal: Avocado, Tomato, Jalapeño, Corn, Scallion & Feta Frittata ~ served with toast (where I upgraded and went with a chunk of their grilled chili-Cheddar cornbread with jalapeño jelly) and potatoes (that would be of the homefried variety); and, to drink, a glassa orange juice





(There is no EweToobular juxtaselection [well, none of which I am aware] for these two songs, I just happen to really enjoy the music of Joan Anita Barbara Armatrading, MBE. The first song is not only my favourite song of hers, it is also one of my All-Time Favourite Rock-and/or-Roll[-ish] Songs of All-Time.)


Because I could and because I can, I headed back over to Dottie's True blue café (see previous 'blog-entry from Saturday, January 12th, 2019) again for breakfast this morning.

Even before seeing what was listed this weekend, I pretty much had my mind set on ordering whichever Frittata was offered on their specials chalkboard (the combination of items in today's frittata was the same as I have had a few times before). However, there were a few other items off (on?) the specials chalkboard that I coulda gone with (for?), too, ferinstance:

Caramelized Onion, Gruyère, Sweet Potato Tart ~ with two eggs any style and fruit;

Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese 
Stuff[ sic ] French Toast;

or

Peach Blueberry French Toast.

Additionally, I have been known to make a meal outta one of their fresh-baked goods by adding a coupla eggs on the side to ovoid out the meal. The baked goods are truly that large that they can comprise mostly a halfa meal. Today's choices offered some that I have not sampled yet:

Sweet Potato Caramel Muffin (this one intrigued me the most, and I really shoulda taken one of these to go home with me for later in the day!); 

Coconut Choco Chips Muffin;

Lemon Blueberry Custard Cake;

or

Peach Blueberry Cobbler Roll.





What can I really say about this meal? It was simply un stile italiano omelette with a buncha ingredients that I like... plus Feta! So, of course, I liked it.

The cornbread-upgrade was a very wise decision (which I knew it would be). Not only is their cornbread top-notch, but the small ramekin of jalapeño jelly that comes with it is pretty d*rn tasty all on its ownsome. I made sure to use up the entire contents.

Even though I was well-aware that Dottie's True blue café offers a diverse array of their own condimentary supplementation, once again, I just used a little of my own Old St. Augustine Snake Bite Datil Pepper Sauce (Thanks, Cindy & Greg!) on the frittata and some H*ll's Kitchen® Whiskey Habanero Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom!) on the potatoes. I also made sure to use several grinds/twists of my portable grains of paradise[1] grinder on top of both the frittata and the potatoes.


the Wild Parrots of San Francisco Interlude

While waiting in line before the doors opened, I saw a small pandemonium of seven of the feather-brained chatterboxes flying overhead heading south past Mission Street.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Frittata ~ 6.7;
the Wild Parrots of San Francisco ~ 8.5

___________________

1. http://gernot-katzers-spice-pages.com/engl/Afra_mel.html

Straight outta the mouths/pages of WikipediA:

Aframomum melegueta is a species in the ginger family, Zingiberaceae, and closely related to cardamom. Its seeds are used as a spice (ground or whole), and commonly known as grains of paradise, melegueta pepper, alligator pepper, Guinea grains, ossame, or fom wisa; it imparts a pungent, black-pepper-like flavour with hints of citrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment