Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bay Watch Restaurant


"Best frittata I have ever eaten!"
~ N.C.C. McGowan, 2-time non-Pulitzer and non-Nobel Peace Prize winning author


(and then IHOP® for lunch)




 

My brother Nick and his wife Kathy are visiting from Orlando (the one in Florida, just in case there is any confusion) and are staying in the Marina district. So for breakfast this morning, I kept it very local and we went to Bay Watch Restaurant (on Lombard just a few blocks down the street from where they are staying). And sorry to disappoint, but Pamela Anderson did not wait on us (much to the dismay of Nick). Kathy slept in as they did not get in until after Midnight last night/this morning, so it was just Nick and me for breakfast.

http://sfbaywatch.com/index.html

I had their special frittata of the day, which included spinach, pesto sauce, tomato, and Jack cheese. Nick had their Santa Fe Frittata: spicy chorizo, avocado, Jack cheese, diced tomatoes, sour cream and chives, and a side salsa. Nick stated unequivocally that this was "The best frittata I have ever eaten!" and then went on to say it was the only frittata he had ever eaten. I liked mine, but not quite as ecstatically as Nick.



 

Both of these meals were served skillet-style, and with home fried potatoes and English muffins. It was a lot of food, but I felt that they could have included a little more of the potatoes. I also got their house coffee, which was only standard, for which, I still felt the need to get a decent cup of iced coffee at Peet's® afterwards.

Later during the day, we had lunch at IHOP® which is also a few blocks away from their hotel. I had the Loaded Minion Taters, which are Tater Tots® topped with diced tomatoes, jalapeño slices, shredded cheese (a combination of Cheddar and Jack), some kinda pseudo-cheesy sauce, and sour cream; these came with two eggs (I chose "over medium") and two buttermilk pancakes. The
Tater Tots® mess was actually pretty tasty.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating: Daily Special Frittata ~ 6.2; Santa Fe Frittata ~ 7.0 (guest ranking courtesy of Nick);
Coffee ~ 5.2; IHOP® lunch stuff ~ 6.0

2 comments:

  1. I think I read in a book somewhere that real men don't eat frittata. Or at least if they do they keep it to themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that has been updated for the new millennium to read "real men don't 'blog".

    ReplyDelete