Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dottie’s True blue café

Proud* Sunday #4




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVXmMMSo47s
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llrAemrsKG0

 

So, I completed my "Month of Sundays" this morning at Dottie's True blue café. It was a tough job, but someone had to do it (and I was the right idiot for the job). I got there a little before they opened and actually got a good, legal parking spot right on Geary Street at the corner of Shannon** Alley.

Waiting in front of me in line was a family from Denmark. I know absolutely nothing about Denmark other than the capital is Copenhagen, Hamlet and Hans Christian Anderson were from there, and that they like to wear those funny wooden shoes. I did learn a neat trick from them, though: When one of the local panhandlers came up to them and asked for change, the father said in impeccably enunciated English: "I am sorry, but I do not speak any English." What can you say to that?

For breakfast this morning, I simply went with one of my stalwart selections (which is now part of their daily printed menu): Black Bean Cakes ~ with two eggs over medium, home fries, and grilled jalapeño-cornbread. I also had a large glass of grapefruit*** juice and a cuppa coffee.





I have had this dish many times before and know it to be a great choice if there is nothing really exciting on the specials board; as a matter of fact, this was the same dish that Jim Turner (an old Air Force buddy of mine from Berlin-town) had when he came to visit last year (see 'blog-entry from July 25th, 2010). There were actually some great choices on the specials board today (both the frittata and strata looked tasty), I just wanted to finish out the "Month" with a known positive note (because I have had sooooo many bad meals at Dottie's). This comes with a nice portion of fresh pico de gallo and dollop of sour cream on top of the cakes. These are sorta like a vegetarian-style "sausage" patty, only made with black beans and rice, which make them a lot healthier than any made with dead-decaying porky products, Arnold.

As for condimentary supplementation, I am more than familiar with what
Dottie's has to offer, so I went with some of my own Palo Alto Fire Fighters Pepper Sauce (which is almost at an end… sniff, sniff) on the home fries (Thanks once again, Amy!).

"Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls; it's a mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up world, except for…"
Dottie's, Do-Do-Do-Dottie's!


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Black Bean Cakes ~ 7.1


*(This weekend the 41st Annual San Francisco Pride Celebration & Parade is being held. 

 
http://sfpride.org/ 


 Whether you are LGBT or just as "straight as Derek J*ter"... Equality is something that should be for All, not just the Majority. Celebrate diversity.
 
Both of the EweToob links above, paired together, are meant to reflect this.

 
And in case any of you D*mn Y*nkees fans reading this want to comment on my Derek J*ter slur… Seriously?! The dude's "girlfriends" put Brian Wilson's facial hair to shame… not that there's anything wrong with that!)

 
**(My niece, Shannon, is riding in the 2-Day MS Boston to P-Town Bike thingy this weekend, so I found this very à propos. 

 
http://bikemam.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/MAMBikeEvents?fr_id=15161&pg=entry 


Shannon raised over $1,500 for this worthwhile charity. Great job, Sheesha!)
 
***(Useless horticultural pointer of the day: 

 
Grapefruit grow in orchards and not on vines, and really aren't used in the making of wine of any sort. They are a citrus fruit ~ and actually a berry. They are a hybrid of the pomelo or shaddock.

 
As Dorothy Parker was wont to point out: "You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.")

No comments:

Post a Comment