Saturday, June 15, 2013

IHOP

… you hop, we all hop for free pancakes!

(Do you really need to see a photo of what an IHOP Restautant® looks like?)

http://www.ihop.com/




(The first EweToob video is just because one of the lines is "There's a grasshopper sittin' on the railroad tracks…" and I like the song. The second video ~ as cornball as it is ~ is just because "tiramisú" in Italiano means "pick me up" or "lift me up".[1])


As has been my breakfastary tradition for the past several years, I went to IHOP Restaurant® (see last 'blog-entry from June 23rd, 2012) for a free Rooty Tooty Fresh 'N Fruity® (or up to the equivalent dollar value of $9.99). IHOP has this deal where you can register and get a coupon for a free breakfast on or around your birthday at the closest restaurant near you; mine happens to be the one along Lombard Street. I suggest that everyone do this (it is valid for either your birthday or anniversary, but I can't see too many people being jacked about going to IHOP for an anniversary meal, even if it is a freebie). Granted it's only IHOP, but it's still a free meal. If you do register, they are pretty good about only spamming your e-mail once every few months or so and are not really that much of a bother. So, (maple syrup) stick it to the man!

the Wild Parrots of San Francisco Interlude
I parked over by the Lombard Gate of the Presidio again, but only heard a few of the Wild Parrots of San Francisco and didn't really see any of them as they were all too high up in the eucalyptus trees there.

IHOP has several "New! Featured Summer Signature Pancakes" on their menu: Banana Graham Nut Pancakes; Jelly Donut Pancakes; and Tiramisu Pancakes. I was thinking about getting the disgusting-sounding Jelly Donut Pancakes, but settled for the even more horribler-sounding Tiramisu Pancakes. I got this as the Pick-A-Pancake Combo, which comes with two pancakes, two eggs, two bacon strips or pork sausage links, and #browns. I also had a large glass of orange juice.

Stupid Intro-Net/Microblogging Social Networking Services mini-rant of the day

Is anyone else getting sick of seeing all those stupid metadata tags (you know, those stupid "#"[2] that you see everywhere) on defacedbook and tweeterland? #imean #gimmeabreak #already. Every time I see one, I want to try and convert the imperial weight into metric units.





I got this without either the bacon or sausages and had my eggs over-medium. The two pancakes came topped with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and some caramel sauce, with a tiramisú-flavoured filling between the two pancakes. I suppose that this could have been much better with some real mascarpone cheese in between the pancakes and a bit more coffee flavour to it, but it was free and still much better than I could have ever made at home (I think the last time I made pancakes at home, they came out of a can, literally ~ see 'blog-entry from February 15th, 2011).

This particular IHOP (and I assume most IHOPs in California, as I have been to a few others locally that have the same choices) offers both Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce and Cholula® Hot Sauce for condimentary supplementation. I brought a few from my own collection and used some Nando's® Extra Hot Peri-Peri Sauce (Thanks, Kerry! And in keeping with the whole "International" theme, this is made in South Africa and was bought in India.) on the #browns and a little Serious Food… Silly Prices Chunky Habanero Hot Sauce (Thanks, Cindy & Greg! Also in keeping with the whole "International" theme, this is made in 'merica and was bought in England.) on the eggs. I left the pancakes alone, though.

After taking off the allotted $9.99, I only had to pay 85¢ total for my meal (don't worry I left my friendly server-lady, Mayra, a $2.00 tip all the same; mainly because I couldn't calculate what 20% of 85¢ was).

#freestuffisalwaysthebest


Glen Bacon Scale Rating: Tiramisu Pancakes Combo ~ 6.2


1. You can consider that your stupid, useless cunning linguist pointer of the day, part the first; however, I have used it here before in the past.

(Did you ever notice that people use the phrase "before in the past"? When else would "before" take place? "It happened to me before in the future…" makes no sense whatsoever.)

2. Stupid, useless cunning linguist pointer of the day, number two:

I am pretty sure this derives from the Chinese symbol for "a well" ~ "
"(pronounced "jing") ~ denoting that the Intro-Net is such a bottomless well of information, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment