Saturday, August 31, 2013

Baker Street Bistro

"So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being." ~ Franz Kafka





http://www.bakerstreetbistro.com/



(Just ignore the actual video quality of the first EweToob link, the sound from the live concert is still pretty good.)


Continuing working my way through my Breakfastary Rotation, je suis retourné à Baker Street Bistro (see last 'blog-entry from May 11th, 2013), where every day is a festive "obese Tuesday".





I actually sat inside for a change because the fog was pretty thick with a visible mist and I figured it wouldn't be any fun on the sidewalk café this morning. The weather may have been a bit foggy (brumeux), but Chantal was as bright and sunny (ensoleillé) as always. She really is one of the best and friendliest server-persons in San Francisco.

Completely Unrelated, Totally Stupid 'mericanisms Interlude of the Day

There is no reason for this etymological interruption other than I came across this information just the other day and figured I would bore anyone else that reads this stupid 'blog with it. The word "gobbledygook" (or "gobbledegook", or "gobbledygoo") is relatively new 'mericanese jargon from the mid-2oth Century (1944 to be exact). I would have thought it to have been much older and of Britishlander/Cockney origin. Actually, the word was first coined by Maury Maverick (a congressman from Texas). Now, here is another little-know Cliff Clavinesque fact: Maury was the grandson of Samuel Maverick, who lent the family name to the 'merican Lexicon (see 'blog-entry from July 24th, 2011 for a more detailed explanation of that word). Okay, maybe I am the only word-nerd ("speak-geek"?) that found it cool that one family is responsible for two 'mericanisms, Lt. Mitchell.




Quelle heure est-il? It's Pain Perdu time!

I suppose that I could have ordered Oeufs Baker Street Bistro or Oeufs Florentine for a change, but I suppose I could have eaten anywhere else in the city, too. So, encore une fois, I ordered Pain Perdu (mais bien sûr) ~ A brunch favorite! Two slices of cinnamon French Toast, fresh fruit, strawberry couils & crème fraîche. I also got a side order of Home Fries and and a cuppa coffee (café).




  
Yeah, this is the same ol', same ol' Pain Perdu, but it is still the best. To mess with the guy that refills the coffee (café), I had mine avec feuilles de menthe (from the garnish on top of the Pain Perdu). I think I may have even talked Chantal into trying this.

Fruits du jour: apples (pommes), grapes (raisins), pineapples (ananas), oranges (oranges), cantaloupe (cantaloup), and (et) watermelon (pastèque).

Knowing that Baker Street Bistro (in case you weren't aware of it, I have been there a few times before) only has for condimentary supplementation Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (the standard red), I came prepared with a few bottles of my own. I used a fair amount of Mama Africa'sZulu Sauces ~ Chilli Mint (Thanks, Kerry!) on the potatoes. I also used just two drops (seriously, and two of the smallest drops that I could get out of the bottle, too) of Blair's Sudden Death Sauce® with Ginseng (as if that ingredient is really gonna temper the fire any; I guess they figure as long as you are burning off all of your taste buds, you might as well do it in a healthy way) (Thanks a lot, Mom!) on a few of the potato slices. I left the Pain Perdu untainted and just used the maple syrup and crème fraîche. (Ah, who am I kidding? I had to try just a little of the Blair's on the Pain Perdu to see what it would taste like, too. Highly not recommended.)




(What the heck?! Voila! An extra added bonus EweToobular link.)


the Wild Parrots of San Francisco Interlude
As I had parked over by the Presidio Lombard Gate once again, I saw about 10-12 and heard even many more of the crazy little feather-brains this morning. I even saw one pair scare off a large crow (that was easily three times their size) from "their" tree.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating: Pain Perdu ~ 8.2; the Wild Parrots of San Francisco ~ 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment