Saturday, October 1, 2016

Eats


"Freedom's just another word for nothin' left, Monsieur Lautrec..."



http://places.singleplatform.com/eats-4/menu?ref=google

(They still do not have an official-type web-site, so this will have to do.)


Place: Eats
Location: 50 Clement Street (on the corner of 2nd Avenue); phonicular contact: (415) 751-8000
Hours: open for breakfast every day of the week at 8:00am
Meal: Polenta and Sunny Up Eggs - Veggie ~ spinach, red/green bell pepper, leeks, garlic; a side o' Excellent! Roasted Home Potatoes; and to drink, a large (well, 12 oz) glassa Detox ~ beets, apples, and gingers






(The reason for this particular trifecta of EweToobular songs is that this weekend is Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 16[1]. These were just three of the singers/acts that I specifically went there to see/listen to today.

I really like the KT Tunstall[2] and Daryl Hall duet/cover there. Boy, you just gotta love them dimples... and KT has a nice smile, too!

Yeah, Kris Kristofferson[3] ain't no Janis, but he done wrote the song, so, technically, it is his song. [Even though Janis "owns" it much the way Jimi "owns" "All Along the Watchtower".]

The last song is by Glen Hansard[4]. And for anyone that has never seen the independent film "Once"[5], I highly recommend it. It's sorta a "non-Love Story"... of sorts. It was one of my favourite movies of 2007.)


Finishing up the End-of-the-(Baseball) Season with one of the last of my Breakfastary Starting Rotation, I went back to Eats (see last 'blog-entry from Sunday, April 17th, 2016). I knew that I was going to try to get to Golden Gate Park as early as possible this morning (KT Tunstall started at 11:00am) and wanted to keep it as local as possible, anyway. (Coincidentally enough, I had eaten at Eats the first weekend in October two years ago before heading to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, too.)

I ended up being the only idiot daring to sit outside in one of the four two-person tables along the Clement Street sidewalk. At least the Sun was shining on this part of the street.

I think that I have now worked my way through their entire breakfast line-up (well, those items which either are already or can be made stupid vegetarian-friendly). Otherwise, I would have no problem re-ordering the Spicy Kale Skillet (v) (well, technically, they call this "Spicy Tomato Skillet", but I have renamed it thus, due to the great amount of great kale in it; sorry, Sean) ~ kale, onions, potatoes, bell peppers, sunny up eggs, Parmesan, grilled bread.




(Hey, I just got why these are called "sunnyside up eggs" after all these years!)


I was told that this is not really a "new" dish (like I thought it was), but just an updated version of their "old" dish Polenta Succotash (no thuffering netheththary, Thylvethter), which I had enjoyed very much in the past. I liked this dish a lot, too; I am just not a big fan of the whole "Veggie" moniker used, though. I will go so far as to say that this is my newest favourite dish of theirs (not that I have ever had a bad meal there, anyway), just behind their Spicy Kale Skillet.

And, don't worry, for those of you that partake of the dead, decaying animals, this dish is also optional as 
Hot Italian Sausage ~ tomatoes, onions, corn.

Not that I needed to detoxify myself any this morning, but I have had their fresh-squeezed(?!?) beet-apple-ginger elixir before and knew that I really liked it.

Eats offers the Standard San Francisco Triumvirate of Hot Sauces for condimentary supplementation: Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce), Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce, and Cholula® Hot Sauce (Original). Even so, I still used some of my own hot sauces this morning. I went with some Sunbelt Plantations Vidalia® Onion & Jalapeno Pepper Hot Sauce (Thanks, Cindy & Greg!) on top of one of the eggs, some Dixie Crossroads Hot Habañero [ sic ] Pepper Sauce (Thanks, Brian!) on top of the other egg, and some Emperor's Revenge Teriyaki Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom! ~ think an Asian-style HP Brown Sauce) on the potatoes.

I had skipped any Coffee with breakfast because I had a cuppa Bettys Christmas Blend ~ Single Origin (Thanks, Greg & Cindy! ~ No relation to the "Cindy & Greg"-people that had supplied me with the above hot sauce.) earlier before heading out this morning. Don't worry, it's still good as they have it listed as "BBE May 2017 10:15" (they don't specify if that is "a.m." or "p.m"; so, just to be on the safe side, I will be sure to use it up by April 2017.).


Glen Bacon Scale Rating
Polenta and Sunny Up Eggs - Veggie ~ 7.3;
Excellent! Roasted Home Potatoes ~ 7.63;
Detox ~ 7.1;
Bettys Christmas Blend ~ Single Origin ~ 7.0

___________________

1. http://www.hardlystrictlybluegrass.com/2016/

2. http://kttunstall.com/

3. Do I really need to add a footnote here? Well, just in case any of you have never heard of him:

http://kriskristofferson.com/

4. http://glenhansardmusic.com/

5. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0907657/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

No comments:

Post a Comment