Saturday, April 22, 2017

Dottie's True blue café




(No official web-site any longer [or any shorter].)


Place: Dottie's True blue café

Location: 26 6th Street 
(on the corner of Stevenson Street); 
phonicular contact: (415) 885-2767

Hours: open Thursday through Monday at 7:30am

Meal: Spinach, Kalamata Olive, & Feta Omelette ~ with home fries and your choice of (boring ol') English muffin, (most excellent) house-made (well, restaurant-made) buttermilk dill or whole wheat toast... or for $1.00 extra, grilled (the mostest excellent) chili-Cheddar corn bread with pepper jelly (which is exactly what I went with); and a glassa orange juice





(Early in the mornings, Dottie's True blue café is usually playing old Blues and Jazz music, etc., and who better to exemplify the Blues than the Empress of the Blues herd*mnself, Miss Bessie Smith?! [Somehow, I don't think Empress Bessie was referring to any sweetener for her morning Coffee in this song.]

The second EweToobular selection is just because today is Earth Day. [Listen to Neko. You had better never turn your back on Mother Earth. She'll shiv ya just as soon as look at ya. The dirty ol' b*tch!])


Continuing with my once-a-monthly visits for 2017 to Dottie's True blue café (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, March 25th, 2017), I went back there again this morning.

Once again, I sat at "Seat One!" (the corner counter seat, right under the large Specials Blackboard). Seeing as I was the second "group" (there was one couple just ahead of me this morning) in the door, I pretty much had my choice of seating, anyway. There were only about fifteen to sixteen people waiting in line by the time the doors were open this morning. Of course, the joint filled up quickly enough (as could be heard by Kurt exclaiming, "The grille is backed-up!") and there was a small line out the door by the time I had finished eating.

Sitting under the Specials Blackboard, I realised that it has been quite some time (at least over a year now) since I had last ordered their Sweet Potato, Caramelized Red Onion & Gruyère Tart (with eggs any style [just don't ask for them "poached" or you might p*ss off Kurt ~ see previous Dottie's 'blog-entry for an explanation of that silly reference] & fruit). If it is one of next month's specials, I will have to think about getting that again.




Sure this was "just an omelette" (and the ingredients were of all of my [intelligent] choosing), but this was really a great omelette due to the fact that it had lots of everything that I like. There was no skimping on either the Kalamata olives or the Feta (which are two ingredients that a lot of non-Greeky establishments tend to go el cheapo on). Even that picky ol' one-eyed sailor-man would be impressed with the amount of spinach that was sequestered throughout the omelette.

For condimentary supplementation, I simply used some of the provided Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce 
(Chipotle Sauce) on the homefries. I thought about using some of Dottie's pepper jelly on the potatoes, but I only had just about enough to use on the cornbread, anyway.

I skipped any Coffee with breakfast because I planned on checking out yet still another Christmas gift (I even still have one more bagga to go) to enjoy while keyboarding-up this 'blog-entry (Thanks again, Greg & Cindy!). This afternoon's cuppa was Bettys Colombian Fedar (no relation to that Darth Fedar guy, by the way): "A lively Coffee, with a butter caramel sweetness perfectly complemented by a delicious fruity character." (Is this supposed to be a cuppa, or one of them actors on that "Downtown Abigail" TeeVee show?) This was a very good cuppa (as all of Bettys products are), but I have had better from Bettys (Can you say "Jamaica Blue Mountain"? Yeah... Well... Can you say it ten times fast?!). And for extra added juxtaselection points, I drank it out of one of my Dottie's True blue café mugs. 

https://www.bettys.co.uk/bettys-colombian-fedar

https://www.bettys.co.uk/blog/new-single-origin-coffees


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Spinach, Kalamata Olive, & Feta Omelette ~ 7.0 (this is taking into consideration the plethoria... the plethera... the Pliny the Elder... whatever... there was a lotta d*mn Feta in it);
Bettys Colombian Fedar ~ 7.1 

No comments:

Post a Comment