Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Riverside Cafe


Wareham, MA
(Saturday, 05/20/2017) 




Place: Riverside Cafe

Location: 189 Main Street, Wareham, MA; 
phonicular contact: (508) 295-2050

Hours: open daily at 6:00am

Meal: (me) Santa Fe Scrambler ~ avocado, tomato, onion, black beans, pepper, & cheese with salsa, served with homefries or fruit and toast (I went with marble rye... ya old bag!); (Kerry) Fresh Start ~ fresh fruit, 2 eggs (which he had poached), and toast (Kerry had an English muffin ~ grilled, not toasted), and, because I was buying, he also had a blueberry muffin (they make them fresh themselves) ~ again grilled; (Mom) just an English muffin ~ toasted, not grilled; and to drink (me) a cuppa New England® Coffee Caramel Nut Crunch (popcorn and peanuts... and Coffee?! Hey, it was the Coffee of the Month, so I had to try it), (Kerry) a cuppa plain Coffee, and (Mom) a cuppa tea with lemon

http://www.newenglandcoffee.com/



Riverside Cafe is a great little breakfast spot smack-dab in "downtown" Wareham (see previous 'blog-entry from Friday, September 16th, 2016). If I lived in the area, it would easily make my Breakfastary Starting Rotation. Not only do they offer a number of interesting dishes (stay tuned for a return visit later in the week to see exactly what I mean), but the meals are usually pretty darn tasty, too.

Some other interesting ideas off their everyday menu (for both meatetarians and vegetarians): 
Fiesta (which can be made either as an Omelet or Scrambler) ~ turkey chouriço, peppers, onion, salsa, and cheese;
Portuguese (Omelet or Scrambler) ~ chouriço, peppers, onions, and cheese;
Green Pig (Omelet or Scrambler) ~ spinach, sausage, and mixed cheese;
Garden (Omelet or Scrambler) ~ tomatoes, peppers, onions, and mixed cheese;
Hawaiian Melt ~ ham, pineapple, egg, & Mozzarella cheese on Texas toast;
or
Irish Melt ~ hash, egg, and cheese on marble rye (but I bet this would be so much better on Irish soda bread).

Additionally, off their Specials board:
Strawberry-Honey-Almond French Toast ~ with 2 eggs, bacon, sausage, or ham;
Bacon, Avocado, Tomato, & Cheese Omelette (for some reason they chose this spelling on the dry-erase board when they use "Omelet" in their printed menu) ~ w/ homefries or fruit & toast;
four different homemade (café-made, whatever) muffins: Blueberry, Coconut, Honey-Corn, and Lemon Poppyseed;
... and Cranberry Bread Pudding! (which, if I thought that I may have had room, I would definitely liked to have tried)





This dish can be made as an Omelet or a Scrambler. I figured (correctly) that these ingredients would go best as a Scrambler. I am glad I did so, and I was happy to see that the dish came out very frittata-esque. I liked it very much. It was a lot of food with the potatoes and toast, but I made sure to eat it all. 

Despite the sound of it, the Coffee really wasn't half-bad. It was basically a caramel-flavoured Coffee; luckily, the Cracker Jack-y flavour wasn't that extreme. When it came time for a refilla, I had them add regular Coffee to my half-full cuppa and that seemed the best way to drink it, anyway.

For condimentary supplements, Riverside Cafe had Frank's RedHot® ~ Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, "Louisiana" Brand The Perfect Hot Sauce ~ The Original, and Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce. I used some of the Frank's® on the potatoes, but left the Scrambler alone with the provided salsa (I don't know if it was fresh-made or from a jar, but it was still good enough for me).


Up next:

Persy's Place; which is also in Wareham, Massachusetts (but just on the other side of town, almost into Buzzards Bay/Bourne)


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Santa Fe Scrambler ~ 6.8;
New England® Coffee Caramel Nut Crunch ~ 6.4

No comments:

Post a Comment