Sunday, February 18, 2018

Chloe♥s Cafe


"Let's kill Sunday morning... "



(No official web-site.)


Place: Chloe♥s Cafe

Location: 1399 Church Street (on the corner of 26th Street); phonicular contact: (415) 648-4116

Hours: open 8:00am every day of the week

Meal: Special Scramble ~ 2 scrambled eggs (hence the "Scramble" part of the name) w/ spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, leeks, Italian parsley[1] & choice of cheese (this morning the offered choices were: [Norwegian] Jarlsberg[er, perhaps], Feta, or Pepper Jack; I chose Feta, hence the "Special" part of the name); and a large glassa grapefruit juice




(There are no real juxtaselections for today's EweToobular songs. For all I know, ol' Robbie might be a bigger fan of Spanish or even French parsley... but I am sure he knows that αυθεντική ελληνική Φέτα is the only indisputably legitimate Feta.)


At least once a year, I like to get back to Chloe♥s Cafe (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, March 4th, 2017) for a -felt breakfastary repast. For a long time (near-enough ten years during the wild 00's), this great little place was a fixture in my Breakfastary Starting Rotation. Unfortunately, it is located just about as far away from my neighborhood as can be on the opposite side of town. The "long" drive over there this morning started out with a light drizzle in the Richmond; however, by the time I was about half-way there (Japantown/the Fillmore or such), the rain had stopped entirely, but the weather was still much too chilly to venture sitting outside in one of their sidewalk tables (even if those were on the sunny side of the street, Mr. MacGowan [no relation]).




Their weekend scramble "Specials" can vary depending on whatever might be available seasonally. I liked all of the seasonal items in this weekend's version. For being only a "2-egg" scramble, this was still an awful lotta food. I was very pleased to see that this was made with lots of Feta throughout the scramble mess, too!

They are now offering most breakfast meals with a choice of two sides from a list of four: some boring ol' fruit salad (I can cut up d*mn fruits myself at home); a huge pile o' some awesome homefries; some stinkin' rabbit-food side-salad; or toast made with their own extremely good, fresh-baked breads. Guess which two I went with? For an extremely good toast, I chose their rosemary-potato bread (I am not sure of the ethnicity of the rosemary they use, though).

For condimentary supplementation, Chloe♥s Cafe has both Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce) and Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce for use. After many, many, many visits over the past (almost thirty years now?), I was well-aware of what they had to offer and again brought a few of my own hot sauces. I used some Dixie Crossroads Hot Habañero[ sic ] Pepper Sauce (Thanks, Brian!) 
on parts of the scramble and some Dat'l Do-it® 
Zesty Chipotle Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom! ... and I can thankfully state that there is probably just one more dosage left in that bottle now) on the homefries.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Special Scramble ~ 6.9 
(this would probably have been just a 6.7 with the [Norwegian] Jarlsberg[er] choice, Mr. Cleese, or a 6.6 using Pepper Jack... there's not much call for Cheddar 'round these parts)

___________________

1. Like I could really ever tell the difference between prezzemolo italiano and persil français or perejil español, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment