Saturday, June 30, 2018

Daily Grill®


Breakfast on Geary (redux), Part 1C
(or "The yolks on them!")



http://www.dailygrill.com/locations/daily-grill-san-francisco-california/


Place: Daily Grill®

Location: 347 Geary Street 
(between Powell and Mason Streets)

Hours: open for breakfast (however, they have it listed as "Brunch" in their on-line menu) at 7:00am Sunday - Saturday

Meal: Egg White Omelette ~ mushrooms, tomato and scallions, served with avocado-tomato salsa and sliced tomato (where I had them substitute some Breakfast Potatoes ~ aka homefries ~ in place of the tomato slices; even I can slice my own tomatoes at home); and a large(-ish) glassa grapefruit juice



(I do not know if Katie Melua[1] is a fan of egg-white omelettes or not, they just happened to be playing one of her songs [not this one, though] on the house-stereo this morning during breakfast and I felt like sharing one here.)


Because it is only a few blocks (well, many blocks ~ about six miles worth) straight down the road from my apartment, I went back to Daily Grill® (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, October 22nd, 2016) for breakfast this morning. I like that for a Union Square-area restaurant they open up pretty early every day of the week.

There are still a few other ideas on their ("Brunch") menu that I would like to get back to try (in another two to three years, probably, at this rate):

Texas French Toast ~ thick slices of bread, dipped in cinnamon batter, dusted with powdered sugar (however, I am not sure if there is really a town or city named "Texas" in France[2]);

Three Egg Omelette ~ additional items: bell peppers, mushrooms, ham (not for me, but for any of you dead, decaying meatetarians), onions, bacon (again... ), tomato, spinach, Cheddar, Bleu, Mozzarella, Swiss cheese, or avocado; served with Breakfast Potatoes, sliced tomatoes or fresh fruit;

Eggs Benedict ~ two poached eggs on grilled Canadian bacon (which I would have 86-ed, of course, you hoser) and toasted English muffin, topped with homemade Hollandaise sauce;

or

Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes ~ three pancakes filled with blueberries, served with maple syrup, topped with powdered sugar.




I do not think that I have ever had an all egg-white omelette before (or, if I have, I do not remember when), so I do not have anything with which to compare this. I liked it well enough and enjoyed the inside-ingredients. It probably could have used some cheesy element inside, too, though. I figure Swiss cheese would have been a good complement. The best part of this dish was the avocado-tomato salsa; it was pretty simple, but very good. For some reason, I again received three halves of toast (I went with the whole wheat choice); it must be some kinda half-conspiracy against me.

I really did not bother to ask what Daily Grill® might have to offer in the way of condimentary supplementation. Once again (in a seemingly never-ending effort to use up another bottle from my hot sauce collection ~ I probably have at least three to four more doses left in this one at this rate), I used some more of my own Hot Licks® Serrano Hot Sauce (Thanks, Brian!) on the homefries and some Old St. Augustine Snake Bite Datil Pepper Sauce (Thanks, Cindy & Greg!) on the omelette.

Strange (Canine) Interlude

On my way back to the bus stop after breakfast, I met a dog named "Flea" (I forgot to get his human partner's name, but I gave him a buck, anyway), which I thought was a very cool dog-name (not quite as cool as "Peeve" or "Front", but still... ).


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Egg White Omelette ~ 6.4 
(this is with adding 0.2 GBS points for their extremely tasty avocado-tomato salsa)

___________________

1. It is such a d*rn shame that Katie Melua is so unattractive...

http://katiemelua.com/

2. However, I was surprised to find that there is a town called Texas in Australia (the one "Down Under", not the one nach unten Deutschland, Marcus).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas,_Queensland

No comments:

Post a Comment