Saturday, June 2, 2018

the Cavalier




https://thecavaliersf.com/


Place: the Cavalier

Location: 360 Jessie Street 
(on the corner of 5th Street; about half-way between Market and Mission Streets)

Hours: breakfast daily beginning at 7:00am

Meal: Buttermilk Pancakes ~ Amaretto and brown butter golden syrup; and a cuppa (and a half-refilla) of Mr. Espresso® (once again, I forgot to ask which specific roast/blend they might be serving)

https://mrespresso.com/




(Not that I am superstitious or nothing, but I did not want to jinx the Golden State Warriors tomorrow night by eating at this particularly-named establishment. So I am adding the first video as a reverse-kinda jinx, Pixie and Dixie.

Besides, I could not decide on a decent EweToobular juxtaselection by Monsieur Maurice Chevalier ... [let us see how many people will get that silly cunning linguist-pun])


I trotted back over to the Cavalier (see previous 'blog-entry from Saturday, January 28th, 2017) for breakfast this morning. They do offer a later "Brunch"-thing, but I much prefer that they open up early for breakfast, anyway.

Very early in the morning (I suppose until they get a little busier), they will seat you in the bar-dining area where there are twelve tables (for two). These are all along the back wall and, of which, the back seats of each table is along one long, continuous booth-thing. (I am sure that I am not describing it very well or doing it justice, but it was an interesting seating area.)

There really is not an extensive breakfast menu, and the only remaining option for me would have been their Breakfast Sandwich ~ fried hen egg (and I love that they feel the need to specify which kinda fowl laid it), crispy bacon (however, they do not specify if this is swine-bacon or not), pepper cress, shallot, and mustard dressing. The next time I eat there, I will probably order this (86-ing the bacon-stuff ~ swinish or whatever) with a side of their excellent Crispy Potatoes.




These were really good pancakes; both fluffy and filling. I would have liked to have had more of the Amaretto 
and brown butter golden syrup; it was already poured over the top of the pancakes. I suppose that I probably coulda asked for a small additional serving of it. To me, that was truly the highlight of the meal, anyway. This came as three (medium-large) pancakes, so I did not have any room for their Crispy Potatoes
(I checked with my friendly waiter/server-person guy when ordering and he told me it probably would be too much food with the side of potatoes; trust me, it definitely would have been.) As it were, I barely had room to finish all three pancakes, anyway. After I had already finished eating (well, as much as I could finish), my waiter/server-person guy told me that I could have ordered just a side of (one) pancake (it does not list that on the menu anywhere, though).

(not really so) Strange Coffee Interlude

They no longer are serving the same brand of Coffee from last year. Now they exclusively serve Mr. Espresso® ~ which is very local and decent, and I have had it many times before at many other restaurants, anyway ~ but I think I liked last year's roast/blend just a little better.

For condimentary supplementation, the Cavalier only offers Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce). I had also come prepared with a few of my own hot sauces, but, with this morning's pancake meal, none were needed or used, anyway.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Buttermilk Pancakes ~ 6.7;
Amaretto and brown butter golden syrup (all on its ownsome) ~ 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment