Monday, May 28, 2018

Reverie Cafe


♪ "There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold...
... and she's building an omelette to Heaven... " ?!? ♫ 



(No official web-site thing [no matter what it has linked on their defacedbook page].)


Place: Reverie Cafe

Location: 848 Cole Street (between Carl and Frederick Streets ~ the streets in San Francisco, Callie-for-nee-ya, not the back-roads of Chautauqua County, New York[1]); phonicular contact: (415) 242-0200

Hours: open 6:30am Monday-Friday, 7:30am Saturday-Sunday (and apparently at 7:30am also on Monday holidays)

Meal: Wild Mushroom (which I was assured they capture with only humane traps), Gruyere Cheese & Truffle Butter (Omelette) ~ served with house potatoes (that would be "homefries" to you tuber-impaired), toast, & fruit (which were just a superfluous slica orange and a slica watermelon); and a large cuppa (16 oz-er or so) their house-Coffee, which I was informed is Equator Coffees & Teas - Mocha Java Fair Trade Organic

https://www.equatorcoffees.com/collections/coffees/products/mocha-java-fair-trade-organic-retail?variant=1759260606473






("Reverie"... "Reverberi"... whatever... close enough for a Holiday Weekend!

There is no real EweToobular juxtaselection with the second song/video. I just like it. So deal with it.)


Not really knowing what time that they might be open for the Monday holiday (I even checked their web-site before heading over, but for some reason it did not state what their hours were this morning... ), I blind-faithly drove over to Reverie Cafe (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, August 20th, 2016) and after finding a good (legal) parking spot just around the corner, I arrived there around 7:20am. When I walked up to the front door it was still locked, and I was gestured (two hands with five fingers each, by the lady behind the counter... 
I just hope that she wasn't Greek!) that they would be opening in another ten minutes or so (thankfully they were even opening for breakfast today; I really did not have a good back-up plan planned, otherwise).

There normally would be a few weekend specials listed on the blackboard by the kitchen area, but maybe because I had arrived so early, they did not have anything on it yet. That really did not matter, as their standard breakfast menu still has a few items on it that I want to try one of these days; ferinstance:

Breakfast Porridge ~ warm farro, apples, raisins, cinnamon, toasted almonds, fresh cream, & local honey (this will definitely be my choice next time if I am in a "sweet mood"; of course, I would probably order a side of their homefries with it, too);

Wild Mushroom, Wilted Greens & Leeks Eggs Benedict ~ served with house potatoes (so there would be no need for me to order an extra side of homefries);

Huevos Rancheros ~ tortillas, scrambled eggs, black beans, house salsa, avocado, cotija, crema, & cilantro;

or

Breakfast Burrito ~ scrambled eggs, black beans, Jack cheese, house salsa, cotija cheese, & cilantro (and for those of you that do partake of the dead, decaying swinish products, they also offer this with a pulled pork or Mexican chorizo option).





Once again, I sat outside in their spacious (it actually takes up one-and-a-half backyards) garden patio seating area and had the whole upper deck level to myself the entire time that I was eating (well, seeing as they had just opened when I arrived, there were only two other small families eating out back at the same time, anyway). As you can see in the above (way over-lit, sorry) photo, Mr. Sun was just getting up for the morning himself. Since the last time I ate there, they have upgraded with all new tables and chairs in the garden patio area, too.




"Truffles AND mushrooms, Brian?!"
What can I say? I am just a fun(gi) kinda guy!

This was another decent omelette; I have yet to have a bad breakfastary meal there. Additionally, they serve really good homefries, too ~ made with red and green bell peppers and white onions in them.

For condimentary supplementation, Reverie Cafe had Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce), Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce, and Huy Fong Foods, Inc. Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce. I used some of my own Hot Licks® Serrano Hot Sauce (Thanks, Brian!) on the potatoes and a little Pepper Palace Gator Bite Hot Sauce (Thanks, Cindy & Greg!) on top of the omelette (I think that it really complemented the earthy tones of the truffle and mushroom flavours).

Strange Coffee Interlude

This was a really nice cuppa Coffee. I have had many of Equator Coffees & Teas before. I like that they are very local (as in from San Rafael ~ the one in Marin County, Callie-for-nee-ya, not the much larger city in Chautauqua County, New York). When I was about half-way done (or "half-way undone", if you are of the pessimistic ilk) with the cuppa, I decided to put that slica orange on the side of my plate to good use and plopped it into the mug to make it a sorta Caffè Borgia. However, I did not drop the slica watermelon into it (because I have never heard of a Caffè Stymie).

"Love me, light me, give me... " ... breakfast!


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Equator Coffees & Teas - Mocha Java Fair Trade Organic ~ 6.9;
Wild Mushroom, Gruyere Cheese & Truffle Butter (Omelette) ~ 6.5;
Colazione al fresco ~ 7.8

___________________

1. Okay, to even start to get the stupid joking reference to that one, you would need to go onto their defacedbook page and click on the mysterious link to the web-site that they have posted there. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chautauqua_County,_New_York

No comments:

Post a Comment