Sunday, August 5, 2018

Breakfast at Tiffany's


"Lunches?! We don' need no stinkin' lunches!"



https://www.breakfastattiffanyssf.com/

(And, no, I did not have breakfast upstairs at 
Dr. Liberman Family Dentistry this morning... they can never quite seem to get their poached eggs 
al dente enough for me.)


Place: Breakfast at Tiffany's[1]

Location: 2499 San Bruno Avenue 
(at Thornton Avenue)

Hours: open Monday - Friday at 7:00am; 
Saturday and Sunday at 8:00am

Meal: San Bruno Florentine (Benedict) ~ 3 poached eggs, sourdough English muffins, sautéed spinach and mushrooms, sausage patties (nixed these, of course), Hollandaise, and Jack, and served with Tiff's Original Hash or rabbit-food mix (you can guess which of the two sides I went with); and to drink with the meal, a glassa freshly-squeezed (as in just "freshly-squeezed" for every glassa) orange juice; and, aforehand, a cuppa drip-style Coffee at four barrel - Columbia (but I did not get which specific blend/roast ~ it was probably either El Tablón or Lucas Melo)

https://www.fourbarrelcoffee.com/





(I have no idea if either Sir Mick or Commoner Keif like Eggs Benedict or jazzed-up hashbrowns, but 
Exile on Main St. is not only my favourite the Rolling Stones[2] album, it is easily in my Top Three All-Time Favourite Albums [Rock-and/or-Roll or not] of All-Time.)


It is always such a looong drive over to 
Breakfast at Tiffany's (see last 'blog-entry from Sunday, June 26th, 2016), so I was very happy to see that all of their cooks showed up on time for work this morning. (Because, unlike yesterday morning, I really had no back-up plan options in mind. This place is completely on the other side of town and I really do not know that many nearby places, otherwise. It would even be Breakfastary Starting Rotation-worthy if it were not so far across town.)




(There were a few of these interesting [which I am calling] cracked eggshell hanging lamps in the restaurant.)


There are still a few other item-ideas that I need to check out one of these days (whenever I am feeling up for another cross-town road-trip):

French Toast Special ~ crustless French toast (3), w eggs any style, breakfast links (2), country sausage patty (they do not reference from which country Ms. Patricia might have emigrated), or bacon strips (2), apple cinnamon (where I would most probably also supplement this with a side of Tiffany's Original Hash Browns upgraded to Stella(!));

or

San Bruno Ave Omelette ~ spinach, mushrooms, Jack, served with Tiff's Original Hash or rabbit-food mix, toast or English muffin (so, basically this is the omeletized version of what I had this morning).

Additionally, on their blackboard specials they had #23 Benedict Trio ~ Corned Beef, Loco Moco, Fried Chicken served with Hash (which I could not order, but sounded decent for those of you that do partake of the dead, decaying flesh of bovines and poultry).





Three (3) poached eggs! I really was not expecting that and must have missed it when I was perusing the menu. (I wonder who got my other half-English muffin this morning.) Needless to say (but I am needlessly saying it here, anyway), it was a whole lotta food for me. Who needs lunch, anyway? This was made with lots of fresh sautéed spinach and sliced button (or crimini) mushrooms (so, this would not be for the fungi-faint of heart).

Of course, I had my Tiffany's Original Hash Browns upgraded to Stella(!) ~ with green chile, tomatoes, Cheddar and Jack, sour cream (and, not listed, these also come with a small ramekin of salsa), which is truly the only way to go (and, for which, this is one of the reasons I do like "to go" back there) if you ask me (and even if you don't ask me).

Breakfast at Tiffany's offers the Standard San Francisco Triumvirate of Hot Sauces as condimentary supplements: Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce), Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce, and Cholula® Hot Sauce Original. I simply used some more of my own Hot Links® Serrano Hot Sauce (Thanks, Brian! Hopefully, if I go heavily enough with it, there is just one more dosage left in that bottle now.) on top of two of the eggs and some more grinded-up grains of paradise all over everything.

(not so) Strange Coffee Interlude

Knowing from my last trip over there that four barrel had a really cool (and almost hidden) coffeeshop just one block away, I made sure to arrive in the neighborhood about a half-hour early to get me a very decent cuppa to enjoy pre-breakfast. They only have one drip-style Coffee available in the day and (sadly) no longer offer a choice of single-cuppa pour-overs (I was eyeing one of their Ethiopian blends/roasts ~ they offer two or three for sale in bags). The cuppa that I did have was verrry good all the same (or even if it was few the different).

So, if you are ever exiled on San Bruno Avenue, just make sure you stop by Breakfast at Tiffany's for a great breakfast and four barrel for a very good cuppa!


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
San Bruno Florentine ~ 6.5;
Tiffany's Original Hash Browns upgraded to Stella(!) ~ 7.2;
four barrel - Columbia ~ 7.2

___________________

1. This is a nice article on the re-opening of this iconic neighborhood diner. There was a framed copy of it over my left shoulder where I was sitting at the end of the diner-counter this morning.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/restaurants/article/How-an-S-F-neighborhood-saved-its-diner-6818329.php

2. Just in case you are older than 90 or younger than 10 or happen to live in Bumfuq*, Egypt:

http://www.rollingstones.com/

*(I bet that not many of you were aware that there is an actual town in Egypt named "بمفق". It is located just outside Cairo on your way to the Amazon River.)

No comments:

Post a Comment