Sunday, August 26, 2018

Mymy




http://mymy.cafes-city.com/

(This is supposably their new webweb-sitesite, but take it with a few grains of paradise, as it is not fully functionating right now.)


Placeplace: Mymy

Locationlocation: 15001500 CaliforniaCalifornia StreetStreet (on the corner of LarkinLarkin StreetStreet)

Hourshours: open at 8:00am8:00am dailydaily; 
phonicular contact: (415) 800-7466

Mealmeal: Florentine Breakfast Sando ~ spinach tomato scramble, frisée[1], choice of meat (pork sausage patty/bacon ~ where they were nice enough to substitute either of these dead, decaying porcine products with dead, decaying sliced avocado for me, Patty), white Cheddar, aioli, brioche bun, served w/ crispy Yukon gold potatoes; a glassa orange juice with the meal; and, afters, a cuppa (pour-over drip style) Contraband Coffee Ethiopia Kochere[2] Washed Heirloom

https://mkt.com/store/contrabandcoffee/





(Even ol' Noel Yang knows that it is better to burn-out than it is to rust... hey-hey!)


Since my last visit to Mymy (see last 'blog-entry from SundaySunday, AugustAugust 21st21st, 20162016), I think they have excised the "CoffeeCoffee ShopShop" portion of their name and are just going by the abbreviated "Mymy" nownow.

"Hey, Brian, how come is it that you always seem to be eatin' at this place on Sunday mornings?" Well, if'n you ever tried parking in this busy area of Nob Hill on a Saturday morning, you would not be asking me such d*rn st*pid questions.

(Bigbig Mistakemistake) like an idiot, I opted to sit outside in their sidewalk café area at one of the tables along Larkin Street; it was probably 55-60° tops (my bet is that ol' Mister Sun probably was too ashamed to show his face in that neighborhood until at least after Noon). I was sitting out there solo for about twenty minutes until another idiot (with no jacket on and short sleeves even) and his 18-month-old (or two-year old) son sat at another one of these (let's face it) d*mn chilly tables.

Even after having eaten at Mymy several times already, there are still some other good ideas for me yet to try:

Lemon Souffle Pancake ~ souffle pancake gently folded in egg whites, seasonal fruit;

Banana Souffle Pancake ~ souffle pancake gently folded in egg whites, vanilla curd, candied walnut, grilled banana (one or other of these interesting-sounding versions of pancakes will definitely need to be checked out; I just had a sweet breakfast yesterday morning or I probably woulda gone with this one today);

Parma Flavor Benedict ~ prosciutto (No grazie!), fresh Mozzarella, tomato, basil, grilled asparagus, chive Hollandaise, Grana Padano, served w/ crispy Yukon gold potatoes;

British's[ sic, eye kidd ewe knot ] Good Morning ~ two eggs any style, mushroom, tomato, baked beans, blood pudding sausage (and do not let that "pudding" moniker fool you any; this is one vile, vile meatetarian product that even not many of those kinda people will eat), w/ toast;

or

Mambo Italiano Tartine ~ scramble w/ fresh Mozzarella, Kalamata olive, tomato, sun dried tomato, sausage, mushroom, aioli, toasted miche[3], spicy tomato sauce, served w/ crispy Yukon gold potatoes (I am not sure if this dish could be made vegetarian-friendly or not, though).




Trust me, Signore Ronaldo McDonaldo, this was definitely not your boring ol' Uovo McFocaccina that you might find in double-golden arches restaurants all over Firenze. I liked this a lot; stuff like this is why this place is very Breakfastary Starting Rotation-worthy if ever the need be. However, the only thing I probably might have done differently if I were ever to make this Sando-thing on my own (Yeah, right! Of course, I would first need to buy some eggs, brioche buns, spinach, tomatoes, and frisée... I do normally have some version of Cheddar in my refrigerator, at least) would be to add some thick slices of sweet/spicy red onion (which I would also need to purchase) in it, too. Caveat (be you an emptor or not): after two messy bites/attempts at eating this Sando-thing, it proved to be a bit too unwieldy and I gave up trying to eat it as a hand-held unit; so I just ate it posh "British's"-style with my knife and fork. 

Once again, I really enjoyed their version of good crispy homefries. I figure that these are deep fried first and then probably baked off to remove any excess grease, because they were not greasy in any way, but were still very crispy-crunchy.




Mymy offers both Tabasco® Brand Hot Sauce 
(Original Red Sauce) and Cholula® Hot Sauce (Original) for use as condimentary supplements. I simply used some (well, a lot) of my own Hot Licks® 
Serrano Hot Sauce (Thanks, Brian!) on the potatoes (and, finally, I have used the last dregs in that bottle! ~ and because of which, I may have done a little over-kill... whatever ~ now I only have twenty-nine bottles of hot sauces left in my refrigerator) and some Golden Pagoda Jalapeno Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom!) on/in the Sando-thing. I also used several grinds outta my grains of paradise-grinder on both the potatoes and the Sando-thing.

(not really such a) Strange Coffee Interlude

As has been my tradition when eating at Mymy the past few visits, I will stop off (beforehand or afterhand) at Contraband Coffee (which is just around the corner on Larkin Street and two doors down, anyway) for a mighty fine cuppa. Today they were offering two different Ethiopian Coffees as pour-over drip style. I had not had either one before, so I went with the Kochere. It was another very good Ethiopian output, I was happy to see.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Florentine Breakfast Sando ~ 6.5;
Contraband Coffee Ethiopia Kochere Washed Heirloom ~ 7.1

___________________

1. Of course, frisée is known as "the Harpo Marx of the Green Leafy Vegetable World".

2. የት ነው?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kochere

3. Quelle le f*que?!? 

Yeah, I had the same reaction. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_de_campagne

No comments:

Post a Comment