Sunday, August 21, 2016

MyMy CoffeeCoffee ShopShop




(No official web-site.)


PlacePlace: MyMy CoffeeCoffee ShopShop
LocationLocation: 15001500 CaliforniaCalifornia StreetStreet (on the corner of LarkinLarkin StreetStreet)
HoursHours: open at 8:00am8:00am dailydaily; 
phonicular contact: (415) 800-7466
MealMeal: mambo italiano scramble(o) ~ italian(o) sausage(o) (which I of course 86ed-o), oyster mushroom, basil, sun dried tomato, Roma tomato, Kalamata (they like to stylise most of their menu in the minuscule script; however, there is no way that I would ever b*stardise "Kalamata" ~ the King of Olives, by the way) olive, smoked Mozzarella (ditto on the majuscule I have changed it to here; not that I consider Mozzarella "the King of Olives", too, though), tomato garlic relish, w/ hash brown [ sic, in the singular ] & toast; a (smallish) glassa Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice (now, for some reason, they do list all of the drinks on their menu in majuscule for the first letter of each word); and (beforehand, for a pre-breakfast dessert) a cuppa (pour-over drip style) Contraband Coffee Ethiopia Harar Longberry and a Neighbor Bakehouse Guava and Cream Cheese Cubano Turnover



http://www.contrabandcoffeebar.com/

http://www.neighborsf.com/






(I am just continuing here with the Linda Ronstadt Memorial Weekend

It would have been a very cool juxtaselection if I could have found a version of "Mambo Italiano" sung by Linda... or if I had ordered "the sweet watermelon and the buckwheat cake"[1] for breakfast this morning. Hmmm? Maybe I shoulda saved the Noel Yang-related song from yesterday for today.)


For a change of pace (or a pace of change), I decided 
to head first to Contraband Coffee for a pre-breakfastary treat. The last few times that I have visited MyMy CoffeeCoffee ShopShop (see lastlast 'blog'blog-entryentry from SundaySunday, AugustAugust 23rd23rd, 20152015 ~ which, for any of you followers of the calendar-system, would be exactly one year ago today. Can you say "très à propos"? ~ No, really, can you tell me how to pronounce "très à propos" correctly?) I went to this next-door coffeeshop after breakfast. I was planning on ordering another dynamo donut offering, but was told by the pretty barista-lady (baristetta?) that they had not yet received their delivery for the morning. No problem. They still had many other pastries from which to choose, and I was very happy with my pastry. As for the actual Coffee itself, I reallly liked this roast/blend! It was not too strong, but it was verrry flavourful ~ just like good Coffee is supposed to taste. (If I didn't already have four bags of Coffee at home that I am still drinking my way through, I would definitely have picked up a bagga this one.)




Like yesterday morning, I sat outside once again. 
MyMy CoffeeCoffee ShopShop has eight tables for two along the Larkin Street side-sidewalk and three more tables for two along the California Street side-sidewalk. As soon as I sat down, they turned on the overhead gas heater things, but those were completely unnecessary (it couldn't have been much colder than 60° and I had a sweatshirt on, anyway). If it were too cold to sit outside, I would have gone inside instead. As it was, again just like yesterday morning, I was the only idiot stationed outside the entire time that I was there.

Due to the quality (very tasty) and quantity (for both stupid vegetarians and those that partake of the dead, decaying animal flesh alike) of items from which to choose, I could easily see both yesterday's choice of restaurant or  MyMy CoffeeCoffee ShopShop as being Breakfastary Starting Rotation-worthy if ever the need arose. There are still a few more good ideas at MyMy CoffeeCoffee ShopShop (in two menu categories) that I need to get back to try one of these days:

eggs & relatives
tex-mex scramble (chorizo [which would also have been 86ed-o], garlic, roasted jalapeño, onion, Roma tomato, pepper jack, chipotle aioli, pico de gallo, avocado, corn tortilla);

and

sweet & savory griddle:
banana-blueberry soufflé pancake (house-made mascarpone [which they also have in the minuscule, but I don't care about that so much] cheese pancake w/ vanilla curd, candied walnut); or 
lemon ricotta soufflé pancake (house-made ricotta cheese pancake, seasonal fruit toppings).

Unfortunately, they no longer offer chive pancake with crispy crumbled bacon & Gorgonzola (much like I would never insult the regal Kalamata olive by listing it in the minuscule, I would never write "Gorgonzola" ~ one of my favourite of the stinky, fermented curds ~ in minuscule, even if it meant curtailing any of my Walpoling activities, Mr. Wensleydale) dolce (house-made ricotta cheese pancake, served w/ two eggs sunny side up). This is a shame, as it was going to be my premeditated choice this morning and I was looking forward to trying it.

the Wild Parrots of san francisco interlude

While I was waiting for my meal to be brought outside and I was watching some of the local "Frisco Trolley Cars" climb half-way to the stars, I saw a small pandemonium of eight Wild Parrots of san francisco flying westward over California Street.




First impressions really do matter, Monsieur Monet. And this one was a very good impression (maybe not quite as good as Robin Williams doing Elmer Fudd singing a Bruce Springfield song, but still) with lots of real, authentic Kalamata (and definitely deserving of the majestic majuscule) olives; lots of tasty sundried tomatoes (actually, for those of you named Greg Kipe, this dish may have been just a little bit overkill in the "love apple" department with also both diced fresh Roma tomatoes in the scrambled mess and topped with a very nice tomato relish); and whole fresh basil leaves. Plus, I really like their version of hashbrowns (or hash brown, even); they make these ultra-thin (I bet that even Mr. Creosote could find room for "another bite" of these) and extra crispy. I also like how they grill their toast.

MyMy CoffeeCoffee ShopShop has for condimentary supplementation both Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce) and Cholula® Hot Sauce (Original). They may also still have Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce (which would complete the San Francisco Triumvirate of Hot Sauces that they had in the past), but I didn't see any bottles of it on any of the outside tables in the sidewalk area. I just went with some of my own Dixie Crossroads Hot Habañero Pepper Sauce 
(Thanks, Brian!) on most of the hashbrowns (or hash brown).


Glen Bacon Scale Rating
mambo italiano scramble(o) ~ 6.8;
Neighbor Bakehouse Guava and Cream Cheese Cubano Turnover ~ 6.6;
Contraband Coffee Ethiopia Harar Longberry ~ 7.5;
the Wild Parrots of san francisco ~ 8.5

___________________

1. Whachutalkin'bout, Brian-Willis?

Just listen to the d*mn videos (in this case, specifically EweToob video #2), dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment