Sunday, February 3, 2019

Kate's Kitchen


So, would you rather be a Patriot... 
or a lamb?!



https://kateskitchensfca.com/14685

(Unfortunately, this is as official as it gets for their 
web-site.)


Place: Kate's Kitchen

Location: 471 Haight Street 
(between Fillmore and Webster Streets)

Hours: open Monday at 9:00am, Tuesday - Friday at 8:00am, and Saturday & Sunday at 8:30am

Meal: Meat Omellette[ sic ] (no Glen Bacon Scale points are ever taken off for mispelinks, Tori) ~ smoked bacon (no relation to the aforementioned "Glen"; of course, this item was duly 86-ed), avocado, red beans, carmelized[ sic ] onion, yellow squash, roasted tomato, pepperjack cheese, served with home fries and choice of toast (I wisely went with the choice of homemade [well, Kitchen-made] Cheese and Green Onion Biscuit); and, to drink, a large (16 oz) glassa fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice






("But... but, Brian... why did you not use Sir James' 'Ram On' song?" 

Do you even get the idea behind mojo-ocity and sports intimidation?)


In an effort to provide as much extra mojo on my end 
as I could, I returned to Kate's Kitchen (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, March 3rd, 2018) for breakfast this morning. Last year on Super Bowl Sunday, I ate 
at some other joint... and we all know how that game turned out. However, exactly two years ago, I did eat 
at Kate's Kitchen (see previous 'blog-entry from Super Bowl Sunday, February 5th, 2017), and the 
New England Patriots were mightily victorious. I am not saying that they won the game entirely because of me, but it is best not to mess with this hoodoo-stuff.

There were also a few other interesting ideas this morning:

Mindy's Hash Browns ~ hash browns folded with scrambled eggs, bacon (which would also have been 86-ed, Glen), and Cheddar (this was initially gonna be my pick off their printed menu, but I kept changing my mind once I saw what they had to offer on their Specials-board);

"Veggie" (uggh!) Scramble ~ marinated artichoke, roasted eggplant, carmelized[ sic ] onion, pesto, roasted tomato, Mozzerella[ sic ] (all of these "sick" mispelded words were handwritten and can not be blamed on any incorrect spell-checkering functionality);

or

the Aggie Sando ~ avocado, Cajun cauliflower (which sounded very interesting), spicy onion, roasted tomato, mixed greens (bka: "rabbit-food"), chipotle aoli, Cheddar.





I went with the meaty ommellette option because I liked all of the other ingredients in it better'n what they were offering in their "Veggie" (uggh!) Scramble this weekend (which woulda probably been my choice otherwise). I especially liked that the tomatoes were actually roasted; you could easily see that they were cut into thin wedges/thick slices and oven-roasted. However, in my opinion (and this is my silly li'l 'blog-thing, after all), there were not hardly enough red beans inside it; as this was one of my major deciding factors in ordering the dish, I was a little bit disappointed in that. No biggie. I still enjoyed the entire dish a lot.

On all the tables, I only saw Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce available for use as a condimentary supplement, but my waitress/server-lady person told me that they do have a few other bottles in the back on a shelf if requested. This really did not matter, as always, I had come well-equipped packing some of my own bottles of hot sauces, and used a little (well, a lot, 'cause it really is not spicy in the least... or the most) Emperor's Revenge Teriyaki Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom!) on the potatoes and a little (well, also a lot; this one is a bit hotter'n the other, but still not that very hot for me) H*ll's Kitchen Smoky Bourbon Hot Sauce (Thanks again, Mom!) on top of the ommellette.

Well, I have done all that I can do in my powers today. Now it is up to that Tim Bradley-dude and Bob Billicheck-guy (and the rest of the boyos) to bring back #6 to Foxboro.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Meaty Ommellette ~ 6.9;
(Super Bowl Prediction)
New England Patriots v. Los Angeles Lambs ~ 34-30

No comments:

Post a Comment