Sunday, May 19, 2019

Eats




https://www.eatsrestaurantsf.com/


Place: Eats

Location: 50 Clement Street
(on the corner of 2nd Avenue)

Hours: open Monday - Sunday at 8:00am

Meal: Divorced Eggs ~ sunny up eggs with half red sauce and tomatillo sauce, ricotta salata[1], black beans with pepper Jack cheese[2], grilled tortillas, and roasted potatoes; and, to drink, a glassa Power C ~ a mixture of orange, pineapple, and grapefruit juices




("Before"... "After"... whatever. Unseasonable [and mostly unwanted] rain is still rain.)


Because I am still running through my Breakfastary Starting Rotation, and today is also the 108th annual running of the Bay-to-Beer in San Francisco, and it had been raining earlier for most of the morning, I wanted to keep it as local as possible and not have to deal with any traffic that may have been caused due to all of that. So, I simply returned to Eats (see previous 'blog-entry from Saturday, January 19th, 2019) for breakfast this morning.

Since I last ate at Eats, there are brand new (retractable) awnings outside on both the Clement Street-side and 2nd Avenue-side sidewalk seating areas. I probably coulda even sat outside if I really wanted to, as the rain had already ceased from the earlier morning deluge and did not resume until much later this afternoon. However, I had arrived early enough this morning to still get a choice of a few different two-seater tables indoors, anyway.

By now, I have more than worked my way through their entire menu and will be repeating most of the meals again. This is fine-by-me, because they have many good items from which to choose (even for st*pid vegetarian-types) and it will take me a few years to run through all of them again (even with three to four visits a year).




Oh, noooo!!!

Sadly, it appears that along with their fancy new awnings outside, they have also changed the formula for their homefries. However, this would be in the opposite direction ("un-fancy old"?)... they are no longer including any roasted garlic cloves. (Well, there were none what-so-ever in my portion this morning, where there were normally at least three to six cloves.) I just hope this was an oversight for my meal and they do still include the roasted garlic cloves in their homefries. These were easily the best homefries in town with the garlic in them. Additionally, I did not notice any rosemary sprigs in the potatoes either. (Hmmm?! Maybe to be able to pay for their fancy new awnings, they had to cut back on a few other important items.)

Anyway... thankfully, the eggs dish was still mighty tasty itself. With the salsa roja, salsa verde, and grated white cheese (ricotta salata) on top, the colours sorta reminded me of la Bandera Mexicana, Antonio.

As far as condimentary supplementation goes, Eats offers the full Standard San Francisco Triumvirate of Hot Sauces (Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce 
[Original Red Sauce], Cholula® Hot Sauce [Original], and Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce); plus, El Yucateco® three ways (Salsa Picante Roja de Chile Habanero, Salsa Picante Verde de Chile Habanero, and XXXtra Picante Salsa Kutbil-Ik® de Chile Habanero). I still went with some of my own 
Old St. Augustine Snake Bite Datil Pepper Sauce (Thanks, Greg & Cindy!) on the potatoes and some H*ll's Kitchen® Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom!) on the black beans. Both of which ended up being superfluously supplemented. I liked their salsa roja better than their salsa verde (which was tomatillo-based, and plenty good enough all on its ownsome) and happened to mention it to one of the server-lady persons, so she went back and brought me out a whole 'nother small ramekin of salsa roja, which I proceeded to dump on top of the one egg that already had salsa roja on it, the potatoes, and the black beans.


(another, not really such a) Strange Coffee Interlude

Before heading out for breakfast, I had prepared myself a mighty fine cuppa Bettys - Java Kalibaru[3] 
(ThanksCindy & Greg!). Now, not that I really needed another cuppa after breakfast (Does anybody truly need another lung-full of oxygen more than once a day?!), but when I got home I made myself yet another cuppa the same stuff (and once more prepared via the single-cuppa drip/pour-over method). The main reason I decided to "risk" drinking two cuppas-a-day was that, after breakfast, I once again strolled through the Clement Street Sunday Farmers Market and picked up a few interesting fresh baked-goods junk. For a mid-morning after-breakfast snack (and, because of which, I had to completely skip any lunch), I went with a Cardamom Puff purchased from Portside Bakery (outta Sausalito-town). The best way to describe this was a roundish croissant (about the size of a very large apple) filled with a cardamom custard. The cardamom custard was awe-some and really complemented (or vice-the-versa) the cuppa Coffee. So, it totally made it worth the second cuppa... even if I cannot get to bed until really late tonight... like, say, 10:30pm. I also made the second cuppa in my brand-spankin'-new "Eats" mug that I had just purchased this morning after breakfast. (I already have two "Dottie's True blue café" mugs, so I figured I would try to collect one mug from each of the other restaurants in my Breakfastary Starting Rotation... if possible; that makes two down and only three to go).

https://www.bettys.co.uk/java-kalibaru-single-origin-coffee

http://portsidebaker.com/

https://agriculturalinstitute.org/directory/listing-details/clement-st


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Huevos Divorciados ~ 7.0;
Power C ~ 6.7;
Cardamom Puff ~ 7.8;
Bettys Java Kalibaru ~ 7.4

___________________

1. For those of you that might be cheesily-impaired:

https://www.cheese.com/ricotta-salata/

2. This link is probably unnecessary, but still...

https://www.cheese.com/pepper-jack/

3. For a posh British tearoom kinda place, Bettys really does a great job with their Coffees, too. The Coffee is always top-notch and only costs about the same as the swill you can get at that St*rbucks place. This blend/roast is priced at £5.95 for a 227g bagga; with today's exchange rate, that equates to about $15.16/pound (that would be 'mercian-style measure of weight "pound", not the Britishlander-style monetary unit "pound"). 

No comments:

Post a Comment