Saturday, May 25, 2019

LaLe


No actual racists or chickens were harmed during the writing of today's 'blog-entry...
(however, there may be some bigoted fowl-language included)[1]



http://www.lalesf.com/


Place: LaLe

Location: 731 Irving Street 
(between 8th and 9th Avenues)

Hours: breakfast and/or "Brunch" are served daily at 8:00am

Meal: Toronto (Benediction) ~ ham (where I, of course, went sans le m*udit jambon, ya hoser!), grilled tomato, spinach, housemade (well, restaurant-made) English muffin topped with poached eggs, Hollandaise sauce, served with potatoes; and, to drink, a glassa Homemade (again, restaurant-made) Strawberry Lemonade





(Yeah, neither one of these EweToobular videos really has anything to do with Toronto[2], or Turkey, or tulips [or racist chickens, even]; they just happened to be playing both of these songs [and back-to-back, too] on the house-stereo [restaurant-stereo, whatever] this morning.)


In rounding out (diamonding off?) the late springtime workout of my Breakfastary Starting Rotation, I once again went back to LaLe (see previous 'blog-entry from Sunday, January 20th, 2019) for breakfast this morning.

One thing that I noticed right away before entering the restaurant this morning was "Wha' happen'd to their sign?!". They had just put up a newer(-ish) sign the last time that I ate there and, as can be seen in the above photo (or, actually can not be seen), it is now missing. I meant to ask one of the workers while I was there what happened to it, but I completely forgot while I was busy enjoying my meal. I am sure that it will reappear on my next visit (and, by which time, I will have completely forgotten that it was missing right now).

After several many visits to this restaurant, there are not several many items left on their menu that I have not already had, but a few last items that I might want to try are: 

Fennel Cabbage Salad ~ with green and purple cabbage, fresh fennel, apples, arugula (if possible, I would see if they might be able to add a poached egg atop the pile o' rabbit-food to standardise it breakfastarily)

or

I just happened to notice this morning (and it is only showing on their printed menu and not their online menu for some reason) that they are now offering four or five different Frittatas; I will probably check one of those out on my next visit (and try to remember to take a photo of the list on their menu, too).

Additionally, I could have also re-went with either Dutch Baby Pancake (however, as they say in Latin, empty cavities: these can take 20-25 minutes to prepare, seriously; this dish is really worth re-ordering; and I had the time to kill, but felt like "savoury" over "sweet" this morning) or Creamy Breakfast Polenta. Both of these were written on the weekend specials chalkboard outside by the front door. 




My main reason for going with the "Toronto" locale (but probably not lo-cal) Benediction this morning was that earlier in the week Your 2018 World Championship Boston RED SOX just finished a successful (if not rather dubious) Four-Game Series in the Northern Exposure town of the same name. (If only they offered a Benediction named "Hous-town".)

So, this was basically your standard "Eggs Florentine" just with the addition of grilled tomatoes. However, a few of the standouts here were that they used sautéed fresh baby spinach and their own housemade (restaurant-made, whatever) English muffin, which really makes a World of difference (Sorry, Mr. Thomas, these are just much better'n your faux-crumpets things.).

For condimentary supplementation, LaLe had both Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce) and Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce. Once more, I just used some of my own Old St. Augustine Snake Bite Datil Pepper Sauce (Thanks, Greg & Cindy!) on the potatoes and some Tijuana Flats Tex-Mex Smack My *ss and Call Me Santa (Thanks, Rick!) on top of both eggs (Hollandaise sauce is generally okay, but it can always use a notch or two kicked up its *ss). Plus (and this is a very note-worthy "plus"), they offer two homemade (... whatever-made... ) jams/jellies (usually an orange marmalade and a strawberry jam) for use on all the tables. Unfortunately for me, there was nothing on which to use them this morning. So, for good (future) measure, I bought one jarra strawberry jam to take-with (I had bought a jarra orange marmalade during my previous visit and it is just about used-up, anyway).


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Toronto (Benediction) ~ 6.4;
Strawberry Lemonade ~ 6.8;
(Your 2018 World Championship) Boston RED SOX ~ 139-24 
(well, that is my prediction for the 2019 Season and I am stickin' with it... until it changes again)

___________________

1. There might be one defacedbook friend that gets that opening joke-statement.

2. Well, Feist is from Canadialand, but she is from a-whole-nuther Province up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment