Sunday, October 13, 2019

Bákér Stréét Bístró




(I am titling this one: "A Selfie of the 'Artist' as a very [silly] Old Man")

http://www.bakerstreetbistro.com/


Place: Baker Street Bistro

Location: 2953 Baker Street 
(Between Lombard and Greenwich Streets)

Hours: open for "le Brunch" Saturday & Sunday at 9:00am

Meal: Pain Perdu A "Brunch" favorite! (one of Brian's favourites!, too) ~ two slices of cinnamon French Toast, fresh fruit, strawberry coulis & crème fraîche
a side order of home fries; and a cuppa (and one refilla) the house (well, Bistro) Coffee to drink




(What is/are today's EweToobular juxtaselections? Simplement! Monsieur Noel Yang likes him some lost-and-found bread, too. I do not really know how that Nena-lady feels about any verd*mmt französischer Toast, though.)


As a Double-Header (or Double-Play... take your Baseball-ese pick), je suis retourné à Baker Street Bistro (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, October 12th, 2019... that would be yesterday) again this morning.

I actually poulette-d-out and sat inside for a change this morning. The weather had noticeably dropped and it must have been about ten degrees colder than it was just yesterday morn.




Do I really need to extol the greatness and tastitude of this absolutely sublime meal again?! I will just leave it at this: it is still my favourite breakfast in San Francisco.

I can not be sure, but I think their spice/herb mix on the homefries includes fennel seeds in it. I asked Chantal for corroboration, but she did not know for sure herself. I will just say that it does include fennel seeds and that they were a very surprisingly nice flavour-addition to some already great potatoes.

As has been my (silly li'l) wont whenever ordering Coffee there, I added the (le garniture) sprig of mint from the pile o' fruits into the cuppa. Kinda like "Café à le Turc".

Fruits d'aujourd'hui: framboises; mûres; myrtilles; pastèque; cantaloup; ananas; pomme; et orange.

(same as yesterday) For condimentary supplementation, Baker Street Bistro has only Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce (Original Red Sauce) on the tables. I used a goodly amount of my own Old St. Augustine Datil Pepper Sauce (Thanks, Greg & Cindy!) on the potatoes and The Spice & Tea Exchange® Earthly Delight Spice Blend (Thanks, Cindy!) judiciously grinded all over the potatoes, too. Chantal (upon seeing my two bottles of hot sauces and my spice grinder): "I see you have brought your own 'instruments' again... ".  I like that sentiment: "Instruments of Mass Spice-struction!"


the Wild Parrots of San Francisco Interlude

This morning, I had parked across the street from the tall Eucalyptus trees next to the Lombard Street Gate of the Presidio. However, I was completely shut-out this time and did not see remiges nor rectrices of the normally squawking perroquets.


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Pain Perdu ~ 8.2;
the Wild Parrots of San Francisco ~ 8.5 (well, when present)

No comments:

Post a Comment