Sunday, October 27, 2019

LaLe


No actual Nederlandse kindjes were harmed during the writing of this 'blog-thing.



https://www.lalesf.com/


Place: LaLe

Location:  731 Irving Street 
(between 8th and 9th Avenues)

Hours: "Brunch" is served at 9:00am during the week and at 8:00am on Saturday and Sunday

Meal: Dutch Baby Pancake ~ w/ caramelized apples & housemade (restaurant-made, whatever) whipped cream; a side order of homefries; and a cuppa (and one refilla; I drank a whole cuppa while waiting the 15-20 minutes for the pancake to be baked; they warn you ahead of time that it can take a while to prepare this dish) Sightglass Coffee (I forgot to ask which roast/blend they serve, though)

https://sightglasscoffee.com/





(There were not meant to be any EweToobular juxtaselections with the above two songs/videos. 
These two songs were played [back-to-back] on the house [restaurant, whatever] stereo while I was eating my meal. However, I bet that Sir George Ivan and those the Four Tops fellows would all enjoy a good Dutch Baby Pancake. I mean, who wouldn't?)


As I have been double-heading all of my Breakfastary Starting Rotation for visits this month, it was back to LaLe (see last 'blog-entry from Saturday, October 26th, 2019... so, basically, yesterday) once again this morning.

Even before I had left my apartment this morning, I had already known exactly what I was going to order for breakfast ("Brunch", whatever). However, I really do need to try their new(-ish?) frittatas that are now offered. I think earlier this year was when I first saw the new items on their printed menu (their web-site does not even show these yet). There are three different frittatas (served with salad and fruit; where I would probably request a substitution of their very good homefries), thusly:

Paris ~ leeks, bacon (sorry, Glen, but you would have to be nixed), peas, goat cheese;

Seattle ~ asparagus, peppers, chicken-apple sausage (which would have to go the way of poor Glen above), Cheddar (this would most likely be my first choice of frittata);

and 

Milan (v) ~ spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, Cheddar.




See? No tulips in the vase on my table again this morning. Just some (if not a bit on the wilting side) roses and such. There were various colourof roses 
on all of the other tables, too.




This was so good! This dish is probably my second favourite breakfast ("Brunch", whatever) meal that they offer. Dutch Baby Pancakes are only offered during weekend "Brunch", though. It can also be ordered with bacon or strawberries; I just prefer the caramelized apples version. I am not sure exactly what kind of flower petals (they were quite possibly tulip petals, but never having eaten a tulip before, I could not tell you for certain) were used as a garnish on top of the whipped cream. I hope they were edible... 'cause I done edibled them both. I bet these pancakes would be extremely good with fresh rosemary sprigs on top of the whipped cream, too.

For condimentary supplementation, LaLe had... same as yesterday. I used some of my own H*ll's Kitchen® Chipotle Chocolate Hot Sauce (Thanks, Mom!) all over the side order of potatoes... and even a skosh on a small part of the pancake. ("No, you did 'nt, Brian!" Do not judge my culinary quirks!) I also used some grinds of The Spice & Tea Exchange® Pirate's Bite Spice Blend (Thanks, Cindy!) on the homefries. (Relax. I did not sprinkle any on top of the pancake, because that would just be silly.)


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Dutch Baby Pancake ~ 7.5;
Sightglass Coffee ~ 7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment