Saturday, October 19, 2019

Eats


"I'm headin' down Clement Street
Lookin' for the breakfast get-a-way... " ♫ 



https://www.eatsrestaurantsf.com/


Place: Eats

Location:  50 Clement Street
(on the corner of 2nd Avenue)

Hours: open Monday - Sunday at 8:00am

Meal: Spicy Kale Skillet (v) (okay, technically, they have this dish listed as "Spicy Tomato Skillet (v)" on their menu, but I just calls 'em as I tastes 'em) ~ kale, onions, potatoes, bell peppers, sunny up eggs, Parmesan, grilled bread; and, to drink, a large(-ish) glassa Power C ~ a mixture of orange, pineapple, and grapefruit juices




(I have it on good authority that both Kate Pierson and Cindy Wilson are big kale fans, too. However, I think that Fred Schneider hates just about everything if it is not from Idaho or Claire.)


Continuing along with a Post-Season Workout of my Breakfastary Starting Rotation, I went back to Eats (see last 'blog-entry from Sunday, May 19th, 2019) this morning.





This dish (skillet, whatever) is probably my favourite one that they offer due to the amount of kale added to it (Sorry, Sean!). They even added extra kale in it for me this morning because they had misunderstood me when I said that I had renamed their dish "Spicy Kale Skillet" due to all the great kale-ocity in it. ("B-b-but, Brian, can you just go and change the established names of dishes at local restaurant?" Well, I just did!) However, I think that I have come up with even a mo' betta' name for this one now: "Kale-ifornia Shakshouka"[1]. ("B-b-but, Brian... " Shut-up and just go with it already!) Unfortunately, I had to explain what a "Shakshouka" was to my confused waiter-person-guy, though.

(So now maybe you will get the above EweToobular juxtaselection.)

For condimentary supplementation, Eats offers not only the Standard San Francisco Triumvirate of Hot Sauces (Tabasco® Brand Pepper Sauce [Original Red Sauce], Cholula® Hot Sauce [Original], and Tapatío® Salsa Picante Hot Sauce), but also Huy Fong Foods, Inc. Sriracha HOT Chili Sauce; additionally, I spied on a few of the tables El Yucateco® three ways (Salsa Picante Roja de Chile Habanero, Salsa Picante Verde de Chile Habanero, and XXXtra Picante Salsa Kutbil-Ik® de Chile Habanero). I used some of my own Dixie Crossroads Hot Habañero [which is appareñtly how they mispelz it in Floridialañd] Pepper Sauce (Thañks, Mom añd Briañ!) on top of one egg and a good amount o' sprinklage from my McCormick® Grill Mates® Smokehouse Maple Seasoning all over everything in the skillet.





They also now have on every table bottles of a new(?) maple syrup ~ Mead and Mead Maple Syrup. (I'd tap that!) Unfortunately, I did not have any items on which to try it this morning (but do not think that I was not tempted to pour just a little over the top of one of the eggs... ). Perhaps tomorrow.

http://meadandmeads.com/


Crafty Coffee Confabulation Interlude

I broke into another (and the last of, finally, my) Christmas (yes, Christmas) Coffee gift this morning. Before heading out to breakfast, I dripped me down (via the pour-over method) a mighty strong cuppa Lineage Coffee Roasting 431° Espresso. The package notes state: "A Classic Profile with a Heavier Roast Designed for Approachability[2] & Consistency"... whatever the h*ck that is supposed to mean. "Approachability", really?! It is just d*mn Coffee, not some kinda up-and-coming, hot, new Hollywoodland Starlet. Sheesh! Anyway... this was a decent enough roast/blend. I was expecting a bit of a darker roast from an Espresso and with a bit more kick to it, but I also did not prepare it with an actual Espresso-maker-thing. (Thanks, Barry! [even though he gets all of these "gifts" as freebie discards from his employer ~ Whole Paychecks®])

https://www.lineageroasting.com/products/northern-italian-espresso


Here's hoping that your tin roof never rusts!


Glen Bacon Scale Rating:
Kale-ifornia Shakshouka ~ 7.5;
Lineage Coffee Roasting 431° Espresso ~ 6.9

___________________

1. Ho-yeah!

http://www.pbs.org/food/recipes/shakshouka-2/

2. I checked. "Approachability" is a completely madeuppery word.

No comments:

Post a Comment